Chapter 3

The sound of his voice was like a drug for Delilah. She looked up at him, nodding with innocent eyes. She would be on her knees for him. As he turned and left, the room felt empty and cold. She heard the door close, a look outside confirmed that Ghost was back at his usual spot. His words were a promise and a threat at the same time. They meant he would come back. Deep down both of them knew that he'd always come back. It was evident that she was obsessed with him, but he couldn't resist her either, even though he hated to admit it.

And with that, the waiting game started again. Every night the same question raced through her mind. Would he come tonight?

Or would he tease her once more, depriving her of his attention, of his touch? Watching her break into pieces, just to come back after a while, picking up the broken fragments to make her whole again.

Ghost had a hard time staying away from her. He needed her as much as she needed him, he needed that feeling of power. It gave him a rush nothing could compare to. He enjoyed the tease, the chase, the craving. For him, it was like indulging in a forbidden fruit. Slowly. One bite at a time, one touch at a time.

He had to keep control, he had to be the one in charge. Under no circumstances he would let his guard down. Besides, he enjoyed the control he had over her way too much to give in. Knowing that she was waiting for him like a starved animal gave him a pleasure that tasted too delicious to stop.

10 nights.

That's how long it took until she heard that familiar sound of his heavy boots entering the house again. 10 days of longing. She was so eager to be on her knees for him, it was almost pathetic.

He stood so much taller than her, his muscular form casting a shadow in her bedroom. She was taking everything in, drinking up his appearance like she wanted this moment, this view, to be etched into her mind.

Her gaze wandered up his body, slowly, cherishing every detail, every ripple of muscle under his tactical gear. Then her eyes reached his face, his mask making him even more mysterious, more alluring. He moved closer like a predator approaching his prey, muscles contracting with each stride.

One touch. Only one touch.

The words repeated in her mind over and over, as if nothing else mattered. She looked up at him, big brown eyes full of desperation, full of want. As his hand cupped her cheek, she could feel that something was different.

He wasn't wearing his gloves, the feeling of his body heat, of his rough hand against her soft skin making the sensation feel even more intimate. If time stopped right there and then, she would've been content.

But this was not her game, it was Ghosts, and he was making the rules.

Slowly, his hand left her cheek, grazing over her lips. Her heart raced even faster, her lips parted as Ghost started sliding his thumb over them. There was no space for thoughts in her head. In this moment, her body existed solely to please him.

His thumb kept sliding over her lips, teasing her, finding pleasure in the way her body responded, in the way he could feel her hitching breath on his hand. She wanted more, needed more, but like always, she had to wait.

Ghost would give her what he pleased, whenever he pleased, and not a second sooner. The tension was almost unbearable for her when she finally heard his deep voice again.

"Open your mouth for me, princess."

She did as he said, head tilted up to him, not speaking a word. Showing him how much of a good girl she was for him. Two of his fingers found their way into her mouth, gently pressing down on her tongue as if he wanted to make sure she would obey his command.