Chapter 4

Nights passed, but Ghost wouldn't come. It was his way of teasing her, of keeping her on edge. But it was even more than that. It was a desperate try to keep his own obsession at bay.

Still, he was staring at her window every night, the temptation and need for her growing with each passing hour, with each passing day. God, how weak he was. He couldn't stop thinking about her.

About the way her soft skin felt under his rough hands, about how obedient she was for him, how eager she was to please him. He wasn't able to stop wanting her. Deep down, he was just as desperate as she was.

For a brief moment, he thought about what life would be like if he was with her, if she was under his control always, not just at times when he chose to. But, Ghost knew that he couldn't give in.

They were poisoning each other, both being the venom and the antidote at the same time. Their game was toxic, it was addicting and dangerous, but they were both in too deep.

Soon, Delilah started leaving him small messages again. Every night that he would stand outside, observing, she drew a small heart onto the fogged-up corner of her window. It was her way of telling him that she was still thinking about him, still longing for him.

He loved seeing that little heart on her window, reminding him that he still was her favorite poison.

Her desperation for him grew every day. Countless nights had passed since he visited her the last time. She missed his touch, missed his affection. She missed him so badly that it almost hurt. Her mind was weak and when night finally came, she gave in to her desires.

Like every night, she drew a small heart, but that night, she drew something else too. The word please, drawn with trembling fingers, a desperate plea for him to come again.

Please.

Ghost smiled under his mask when he discovered that word on her window. Having her so desperate for him made his heart beat faster, it made him proud that she was all his. Still, he didn't come back to her that night.

It would have been too easy. The lead was in his hands, he was the one in charge and he would decide when she would get to feel him again.

The air felt different when she woke up. Tense.

Ghost didn't come the last night, but by now, she was used to it. In a way, the pain of missing him felt familiar, accompanying her every minute of the day. She was so deep in her thoughts, that she almost missed the small note that had been slipped under her door.

Tonight. On your knees. Blindfold.

Her mind and body already belonged to him. If having his cock shoved down her throat meant feeling him again, then she'd be perfectly content with it. No questions asked – she would be a good girl for Ghost; she would be on her knees for him.

Night fell, the butterflies in her stomach multiplying with every passing hour. Tonight, she would be his – and that thought did things to her. She wore a satin babydoll, nothing underneath. Dark red, the color he loved on her. The way the fabric was gliding over her body made her look almost ethereal. She put the blindfold over her eyes, waiting for him to finally come.

Her breath caught in her throat, her body trembling as she heard her front door open, heavy boots walking through the house, toward her bedroom. Hearing him approach was enough for her to drop down on her knees. Like it was ingrained in her brain to be on her knees for him. Heat pooled in her stomach, her mind wondering what he would do to her, what he wanted his little toy to do for him this time.

A toy. That's what she was for him. A toy that could be used and thrown around like it was nothing. At least that was what she thought.

It was also what Ghost was telling himself every time he thought about her. Not wanting to admit that it was more.