Part 4

Splendor wrapped his long arms around me, stood up, and took off down the hall. I watched Slender run past us.

"Get her out of here," he yelled over his shoulder.

I looked over Splendor's shoulder and saw Jane looking around. Her eyes landed on me and a sickening smile lit her face. Moving through the flurry of Slender and Smexy trying to hold back EJ and Jeff, she ran after us. I gripped Splendor and watched as the knife clenched between her teeth reflected my terrified face. My blood went cold.

"She's gaining on us," I yelled.

Splendor turned down a hall and I smelled roses. We were nearing my room. I reached over and slammed open Smexy's door. Jane skidded on her feet but hit the door. Splendor went out a back door and ran through a connecting alleyway. Soon, we were free. Splendor put me down and checked my pulse.

"Your okay. Slender and Smexy will catch up to us later." He rubbed the top of my head.

I smiled. "At least we are okay now."

I looked over at Smexy. He stopped and looked at me. I smiled and ran to him. He opened his arms and allowed me to hug him. Slender sighed.

"They won't stop chasing, but we lost them," he said. "What I still want to know is why you?"

Smexy held me close. I liked it, but when he let go I went back to Splendor. Trender walked up and took off his jacket. "We have to go. LJ joined the three of them."

Splendor picked me up and we all walked down the street. I hated this situation, but I loved my protectors. This was going to be okay. I just knew it had to. It had to end good, right?

"I'm hungry," I said.

We scoped out a diner and allowed me to go in alone, but they were keeping a good eye on me. I ordered chocolate milk and pancakes. When my food came, I ate in silence, staring out the window. A man walked up and sat down. I looked at him.

"Hello," he said.

I swallowed. "Hi."

"You have a strange aura. It seems like it attracts evil."

I stood up quickly. "I have to go."

I ran to the bathroom and climbed out the window. I told Slender about the man. He quickly said we have to go. Splendor picked me up and we left. An aura that attracted evil? Could that be the reason all of this was happening? A little voice in my head whispered yes. I started shivering. This world was scaring me....