Part 8

I was on my knees, gripping the sides of my head. My hair was growing longer and my lips stretched into a wide grin. My screams turned into an echoing lullaby. A woman camping somewhere came running towards me. When I stood up, I swayed on my feet.

"Do you have a knife," I asked.

She resisted at first but handed me a hunting knife. I stared at the steel and saw my reflection. My features were dark except for my face. I looked like a haunting ghost that was returning for revenge. My father had a reason for killing, and as my fingers closed around the handle of this knife, I had found my reason: pure hate for these pathetic humans. My eyes connected with the woman.

"Are you okay," she asked.

I backed into the shadows and began singing my lullaby. I watched as the woman looked around her, listening closely for where I was. My song seemed to be coming from everywhere. Climbing a tree, I circled the trunk, dragging my knife across the rough bark. The woman's head snapped to the left and her eyes widened as I lunged. Blood sprayed as I slashed open her chest and ripped out her heart. Fear enveloped her dimming world as she watched me drink the blood from her still beating heart....

I bolted into a sitting position and back pedaled. Scanning my surroundings, I noticed I was in a cabin surrounded by dense pine trees. Smexy sat in the corner, watching me with cigarette dangling from his mouth. The wind outside picked up and Smexy stood up.

"You've been in a coma for the past week," he said.

My eyes widened. Was it all a dream? "When did I go under?"

"Trender found you passed out with Ticci leaning over you. He said Ticci mentioned something about remembering and you just fainted."

A chilling finger ran up my finger. It wasn't a dream. I had gone under to better remember. "Oh..."

He crawled out a window and disappeared into the trees. I ran to the bathroom and locked the door. Looking in the mirror, I noticed something horrific. A dark ring circled my eyes, my lips were a blood red color, and my eye color shifted into an icy blue. My hair was black as night and had grown to my waist, my facial structure had restructed and my cheek bones jutted out in terrifying angles, my skin was pale white, and my fingernails were long pointed claws.

"No!" I punched the mirror and felt the skin break on my hand. Shards of the mirror flew everywhere. I dropped my head and stared at the sink. "It's all true. My father is Jeff the Killer. My real name is Reaper."

A cracked shard fell into the sink. I picked it up and fell to my knees, hearing the crunch of glass and tear of flesh. Putting the shard to my neck, I felt cold tears splash against my thighs. In one swift movement, I ran the jagged edge across my neck. Blood sprayed against the wall. I dropped the shard and felt the heat of my blood run down my chest, but death never came.

(Smexy POV)

I forced the door to the bathroom open and took a step back. The bloody girl on the floor was not Lexi. Her features had completely morphed and deep scratches were everywhere on her body. A deep, bloody gash on her neck pointed out suicide attempt, but her chest was heaving and she was crying. She looked up at me and I gasped in horror. I was in the presence of the girl long believed to be dead. I was standing in front of Reaper. Jeff the Killer's daughter believed to have died in a car accident. But here she was, fully alive. This world thought that the people they had nightmares about were the worst of the worst, but a new fear was about to be unleashed. A new nightmare was brewing .... And it started with Reaper.