'𝘓𝘜𝘊𝘒𝘠' - 𝘔.𝘚

Synopsis - She's just lucky.

Warnings! - Car accidents, kissing, angst, a wedding, profanity, this is the version of 'fourth of july' where Y/N survives.

I stand up from my spot on the couch and stretch

I check the time on my phone and it's almost 3, me and Matt decided to go to dinner at 7.

"I should head home to get ready." I walk to the kitchen where Matt is sitting at the table and give him a kiss before walking to the front door and putting my shoes one. I yell out a 'bye love out' before walking out the door and to my car.

I was at a red light, one of the only cars on the road. I hear tires screeching from my left, and suddenly an old car is driving full speed. Right at me.

Next thing I know, I'm being tossed around and I'm pretty sure my car is rolling. Then everything goes black.

----

I'm waking up, with many bright lights in my face.

I groan at the brightness of the lights and try to move my hand to block it, but I'm met with a sharp pain from my right hand.

"Y/N?!"

"M-Matt?" My throat is dry, and my voice is hoarse when I speak.

My body feels numb, and like it's on fire all at the same time. My legs hurt, my entire right arm hurts, my head is pounding, I think I'm in a neck brace, even breathing kind of hurts.

I try to turn my head to look at Matt, but I'm met with another pain, but from my neck.

"What happened? Why does everything hurt?"

"Y/N, baby. You were in a car accident."

That's when it all hits me.

I was at a red light, and some guy was driving full speed towards me.

I cough, and it hurts. Bad.

"Fuck."

Everything hurts.

"You're going to be okay. The- the doctor said you'll make a full recovery."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

I can hear the tears in his voice. I can feel tears on my own face. I can also very distantly feel Matt's hand holding my right one.

"So, I guess our date's postponed, huh?" I try to crack a joke and laugh at it but end up coughing.

I hear a quiet chuckle from Matt.

"Yeah." His voice sounds quiet, defeated, and almost as hoarse as mine.