03♡

| | A while later | |

"Oi brat, you're still not done with it?"

His husky voice nearly startled her, when he spoke suddenly after barging in without any care for the thing called privacy but she knew that she couldn't complain because that's how he is.

How illegal would it be if I punched this jerk in his face? Get yourself another job or a life insurance before attempting that.

Only if I could find a job this well-paid and a handsome boss everyone dreams of having an office affair with....unlike this short cranky demon.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the angered tone laced in his voice, as he repeats himself. "Have you done the work I gave you shithead?"

What's with these insulting nicknames?

"Which one, Boss?" She asks, fishing a certain file amongst the heap of papers in her drawer.

"I remember asking you to bring me the report of the sales of HJ this month. Want my help to remind you?"

"But Boss Ive already sent it to you."

"I want the hardcopy...

Immediately."

What's gotten into him? He's picking on me since morning. Did he find out that I was badmouthing him behind his back? You're fucked up then. I know-

"Okay Boss, I'll get it ready as soon as possible."

"Well, I've something more to say".

"Eh...? What is it Boss?"

"Rearrange my schedule for the evening. We are getting off from work early."

"Is there something urgent?"

"I'll be visiting some old allies in a banquet."

"Uh-oh...."
What???? Am I having some hearing impairment or did he really say about going to a party just now?
Y/n's jaw dropped as her brain couldn't process what she just heard. She pulled herself together and asked again.

"Boss, are you really going to attend a banquet?"

"Yeah. And you're going with me."

"You don't have a partner? Well, that was expected."

"Hmm?" His glare...not again-

"Why don't you take your secretary with you then? You just need a partner, it could be anyone."

"Are you going or not?"

"Am I allowed to say no?"

"Denied."

"Why did you ask if you're here to coerce me?" Y/n mutters looking away after rolling her eyes.

All of a sudden he leaned closer to her, pinning y/n against her glass table. Her heart began pounding and blood rushed to her cheeks, instantly heating her up. The chaotic state of her mind was clearly visible on her face. She wanted to push him away but her traitorous body betrayed her instructions.

A mischievous smirk found its way on Levi's stern face, entertained by seeing her flustered reaction. Their faces were up close, allowing both of them to feel the warmth in each other's breath.