07♡

| | After getting off work | |

Y/n got off from work exactly at 6:30 as she had promised Kaden to have dinner with him tonight. Actually she was expected to leave after 5 but Levi tried his best to hold her back, until she lashed out at him.

She walks out of the Ackerman Inc. Headquarters in a hurry, hoping not to get late on their first date (according to her) after all these years.

She doesn't bother herself by stopping at her place for changing clothes, instead she went straight to meet him in her work outfit. Y/n reaches the restaurant twelve minutes late. She stands still and watches him from outside as she notices him shifting something to his left. Is it for her? she thought, but she shrugged it off thinking that she was being too delusional and not taking things rationally.

As she steps inside the restaurant, the owner greets her with a wink and gestures towards the handsome figure reclining on the chair next to the window. It is no one else but Kaden, the guy she has fantasized for years waiting for only a moment like today. She turns towards the owner and whispers something that made both of them giggle.

Kaden moves his head towards the two women giggling at the counter as he recognises one of their voice. His hand finds the bouquet placed at his left, while he continues to stare through her soul. His breath hitches as she approached nearer and sat down on the seat parallel to him.

"Good evening." Y/n says calmly.

"I was expecting something not so formal from you" He replies looking down as if he was disappointed.

"Grow up Kaden. You are one of our clients, informal speech won't suit you."

"How did you know? I wanted to surprise you." He whines cupping his chin on his palms. Meanwhile, y/n gives him a disgusted look at his action and both of them ended up laughing.

"I did my research. I had to know why you returned from Canada all of a sudden."

"Okay I got it. Anyways I bought this for you" saying this he pulls out the bouquet and presents it to y/n.

Naturally, she would've been blushing red as dark as the roses by now, but surprisingly things are going in a complete opposite way. Darkness replaced the light in her shining eyes as her face turned pale.

"Roses...they are pretty. But I hate 'em Kaden." She mutters through her gritted teeth, loud enough for Kaden to hear.

Sometimes flowers can be more than pretty, perhaps deadly. They were the ghosts in her nightmares, and the unwanted members in her memories. She exactly doesn't hate flowers, what she hates is a type of them, and yeah it is none other than roses-the bloody red ones.

Kaden was obviously not expecting it. He has not been oblivious of the fact that y/n had a crush on him for so long. Perhaps, this is why he took her feelings for granted and now when she rejected the roses he bought himself, it hurt his pride.

Back to the scene, Kaden looks straight in her eyes as a low chuckle escapes through his lips. "You never said that you hate flowers though."
"And...I remember you receiving a few on your graduation too." He adds.

"But I don't remember you being present on the day of my graduation. Also, you have never asked me about my likes and dislikes." She spats wearing a sick grin on her face.

"I saw the picture. It came out cute." Kaden says, answering to the previous question-like statement.

"Y'know what Mr. Hale, I will have to excuse myself tonight. It feels a little chilly here." And it is true, the spot she is sitting on seems to be getting weirdly colder by each passing second, and her gut tells her that it is something familiar.

"Are you mad at me?" Kaden asks, holding her cold hands in his own.

"Why would I? Did you do something wrong?" She withdraws her hand from his hold and stands up abruptly.

"Uh-"

"I'm off then. See you around, Mr. Kaden Hale." Waving goodbye to the strawberry blonde, y/n walks out of the restaurant with a nervous look on her face. As if she has just woken from a nightmare.

*

On the other hand, Levi was burning in jealousy but won't ever accept it. Unfortunately, when y/n was leaving her office, Levi followed her to ask her about having dinner together but failed. As she lashed out at him, his ego didn't let him make the first move to reconcile and so he ended up stalking her to the restaurant.

* |◉°◉|◍•◍•◍°☆°◍•◍•◍|◉°◉|*

A/N~
Word count: 795 :(

Aight honey Ik it was short compared to the long break I took. I wanted to write more too but it'd have taken me another week to post this. I'm so busy in being lazy. Nvm- let's leave this on a cliffhanger for now. Will see ya later with the next chap. And thanks for 600+ reads 😭🫶🏻

I luv all the readers<3
Bb~

Author Chan
Wishes you
good luck