Impression II

[Lan Sizhui's POV]

"A-Yuan, you are to enter the imperial city as a scholar."

Hua Cheng, "in short, you're going to infiltrate the enemy camp."

He's confused as to why there's a need for him to enter the imperial palace. The trio's mission is to raise the child. There's no need for him to go to such lengths.

"A-Yuan, you thought there's no need to go such length, right?" He nodded, Wei Wuxian sighed, and continued, "what do you think is the reason why a person stays in power?"

"Because he's strong enough to protect his place?"

Wei Wuxian dramatically made an "X" motion on his arms. "Wrong. It's because he had people that are on his side. If we have someone by our side, believe it or not, we wouldn't be reduced as demonic. A lone power is not powerful on its own. Also. There's more than the eye can see."

Ah. He thought. The reason they were able to get this far in centuries was that they banded together.

"I understand."

Lou Binghe, "it's not so simple to just have someone inside, you must create a good impact to hold power. Since our names are well-known, I guess it'll be good if you use an alias."

Ji-Fei who was listening by the side spoke, "he can take the surname Wen."

Both Wei Wuxian and Sizhui turned to the side. "My niece and nephew are also entering the palace as a medic. You can take my name and enter the palace."

"It seems you're fully prepared, milady."

"No... It's my uncle, the Prime Minister's plan to have few Wen's inside the palace."

Lou Binghe, "what is your uncle's name?"

"Uncles? It's Rouhan. He'll be visiting me in three days. If you need anything, all to protect my child, everything will be at your disposal."

That Wen Rouhan? The last time he met them, that man controlled him like a marionette. Deprived of liberty, of life, a lifeless doll dancing between his palms. He couldn't help but shudder at the thought of meeting that man again. If not for Wei Wuxian's soft pat, he wouldn't stop trembling. He can't help it. It's the man who cost him and his father another fifteen painful years.

Later on, he, Wei Wuxian, and Lou Binghe took a walk. The brothers had this hesitant expression.

"What do I need to know?"

Both of them stopped and looked him straight in the eye. He had been with them for a century. He made use of the reader thingy he was trained to understand his father.

Lan Wangji once told him, "it's not as simply raising the savior."

"What do I need to find?" He asks once again.

"Find the source of darkness." Lou Binghe replied. "You knew that this is not simply raising the crown prince. This is related to our disappearance a century ago."

Wei Wuxian, "we wanted to seal it for good but we failed. We want you to find it."

With a smile, he answered, "this disciple received the order."

"My A-Yuan!"

And this is his first step to achieving the mission he was given.

"Presenting to His Majesty! The year's Top Military Scholar, Wen Yuan! Step and kneel!!!"

He will not fail.

He promised himself, that he won't be a failure like the chaos a hundred years ago.