Revelation II

Someone is calling for him. Lan Wangji stood up and left his Jingshi dead at night. He walked past the places where his and Wei Wuxian's memories started.

With a jar of wine, he paved the way to the cold springs and sees a man with golden horns and scales standing on the waters of the cold springs.

"welcome..." The Dragon God turned around.

Lan Wangji kowtow and respectfully greeted the dragon, "Greetings to the heavenly being... what might this lowly one help you?"

The dragon looked at him. Lan Wangji sat down on the biggest rock and offered the dragon the wine he brought. The Dragon took the offering and said, "That God has chosen to become a calamity."

Lan Wangji instinctively knew to who the great dragon pertains.

"Lord Xie Lian has... I see."

"you are not surprised?"

"I am not..." Lan Wangji replied, "just like what happened before... I knew some payments needed to be paid."

The dragon looked at him and said, "right... last time... it took them fifteen years... but..."

"a world without cultivation." Lan Wangji spoke, "it's what destiny wants."

The first time was world destruction. The enemy wanted to fill the world with darkness. One devoid of life, of choices, on that, lives by the curses of the world.

And now...

"what might be my destiny, Great Lord?" Lan Wangji had readied himself but. He had known long that someday, their fates would tear him apart with Wei Wuxian.

"you have to die for the world to survive..."

Hearing those, Lan Wangji closed his eyes.

"one must take the destiny of the world... another to pay the price of change... and one... to set everything in place..."

Lan Wangji knew that if they told those three, they'll destroy the world themselves. He sighed, stopping himself from all feeling negativities.

"a calamity... a sacrifice... and a resetter.... All to protect the world..."

Wei Ying surely couldn't live without him. Lan Wangjis asked, "Is there no other choice?"

The golden dragon solemnly said, "forgive me..."

Lan Wangji chose to close his eyes and ponder. Wei Ying didn't like loneliness.

He would choose to stop rather than lose anyone. He'd rather die than others dying for him.

Lan Wangji had always known, that hatred could blind a person's eyes, making him unable to admit anything in favor of his enemy. But it's not mortals, it's the world itself that's becoming their enemies.

Not everyone was like Wei Ying, preferring to perish together with his enemy.

To the point, that they'd feel that the world had no place for them, despite how large it was.

"Everything was the same as before. Yet, it was because of how everything was the same as before that it tormented the heart." The dragon spoke, "I am not forcing you or anyone of you..."

Lan Wangji chuckled. It's amusing. Words that used to be trifling and empty are very amusing right now. But...

Recalling those days, and his face. When twilight falls, and the sun is setting.

It's hard to avoid feeling melancholy when thinking of parting with him.

"Lan Wangji..." The dragon spoke, "Forgive this one..."

With a soft sigh, he chose to reminisce about the good times back then.

Two times...

He was left behind two times because it was inevitable...

But now... he's given the choice to make the third time.

Lan Wangji stood up. The night is not over yet. The sky where they can live in peace is just a step away.

"if... I accept... I hope that Wei Ying can live a happy life."

Collecting those threads of light.

The cool breeze, the candlelights, a solitary dance with nobody to admire.

Lan Wangji will store it away in the past and weave a beautiful dream together.

Perhaps a fantasy will hurt more in the end.

"it will take a long time..." the dragon spoke, "but I promise... that you'll live a happy life with him..."

Fighting all those sorrows, that border he will dare cross, for true happiness that would repay their sacrifices.

He may cry, but Lan Wangji is sure that Hua Cheng and Lou Binghe would be there for him.

Trapped inside of the tears, gently undoing the robe, and swallowing tears for a smile.

They'll be able to escape from this sadness for love.

He won't allow the world to shoot down his bright sun once again.

"Lord..."

It's Wei Wuxian's appearance that can take all his light.

This exile is not much for desolation.

This journey won't make him hesitate.

A year... thirteen years...

In that frozen state where time stopped.

"I accept that destiny... Lord Dragon..."

Only Wei Ying is his heaven, that's why for him to continue to exist – he'll gladly accept what destiny has been set for him.

...to be continued...