CHAPTER 2: The storm after heavy rain

The day came and went just like that, and soon it was lunch time. The students were going up and about to get lunch while some were being loud. While others were celebrating the day, others were cursing the day, and one of them was Zhan. Some has problems of which they felt were the hardest than of others, but who knew what struggles Zhan had hidden behind his smile which he kept for his friends in the library.

They were discussing about the assignment which was given to them by their English professor. They were to write a narrative assay and even though most of them knew exactly where to start...it wasn't the case for Zhan. That was because nothing about Zhan's life was easy to be thought about, spoken or even easily narrated. He had a hard life and many students didn't know about it because if how he always kept his best smile in his face no matter the circumstances.

His table was almost clearing as his friends left one by one to attend their next classes while some went home. Leaving Zhan and only one of his female friends sitting silently reading. Zhan was playing with his own on his fingers, twisting it around and back while casually flipping the book pages to read the next page. He didn't notice that there were people around him and when he realised, the book he was reading was already rudely snatched from the table and tossed into the air.

He quickly stood up, his eyes following his book which was swooshing in the air when he felt his shoulders being dragged to sit back down on the chair, and he fell down as a result of being pushed roughly. He didn't care to look who it was since he already knew that there was I oy one person along with his three Stooges who would do such a thing to him. He slowly held up his hands felt sore from balancing his heavy weight. Either he didn't have strength to get up or he didn't want to knowing very well that he will be pushed back down...who knows, but when he looked at the side, he came face to face with Yeong who was standing besides him like a mafia boss. The remaining students just stood up and walked out of the library without .among any sound before the worst was to happen to them.

No one was brave enough to stand up to Yeong, so when he used just a simple but offensive hand gesture to shoo them away, they didn't hasitate but quickly ran outside instead. Most of them pitied how Yeong treated Zhan, but they were also thankful they weren't the ones being treated that way. So even when Zhan was tossed around or being pissed on his head, none of them did nothing out of fear. This time wasn't any different for Zhan because he had forgotten what he was told by Yeong that morning.

Yeong had told him that he would do anything he said, or to keep it short and simple...he wanted Zhan to he his slave from that very same day. I was so unfortunate for Zhan as being looked at his hands which were in the floor trying to find his balance to stand up that Yeong stepped on them with both his feet. All Zhan could do was to scream as he felt the sole of Yeong's boots shift his finger bones that sounds of a bone breaking could be heard if he was to stop screaming for a second. But it was impossible for Zhan to stop screaming, the pain he felt was very excruciating that all his senses knew was pain.

Zhan screamed so loud and so painfully that students who didn't know what was going on just stopped and peeked inside to see what was going on. That didn't help Zhan cause the minute they saw who it was, they would quickly walk away and mind their own business. No matter how sorrowful Zhan's screams were, no one came to help and Yeong didn't feel like stopping anytime soon.

This took a whole minute while as he lifted his foot and then slam it again onto Zhan's fingers countless times before he felt the satisfaction of his point being seen and understood by Zhan before he stopped. Zhan's hands were bleeding and he couldn't even touch anything because of the excruciating pain he felt from Yeong's heavy boots. Zhan was crying and Yeong just sat back down on the chair with his hands still in his pockets. He tilted his head and set his gaze on Zhan who struggled to keep his tears in, he had to if he didn't want to be a laughing stock of the school from that day. Yeong tilted his head and said to Zhan...