CHAPTER 8: Longing

"Except for me...who else can you see in this room?"

They answered simultaneously and said...

"Who else are we to see except for you?..."

"Your soulmate..!"

Both of them were very confused since they knew it to be impossible since they had already been reincarnated. The thought of either of them living in different times was totally unimaginable, they each thought they were the nly one there and that the other was not around except for their incarnations who were laying down on the bed very close to them.

Wei Ying was the first to respond when he first chuckled and shook his head saying....

"Zewu Jun, I get why you're still here ...trapped in this times even though I don't understand. But what you're saying about  about Lan Zhan being here is not something I will accept. Look...I get it that you miss him but you should move on with life if you don't want to be reincarnated. Just let this young man have the life he wants without you interfering just because he was once your brother. I don't know how Lan Zhan joined this side but I know he wouldn't wrong anyone just to be here. Even on this side I miss him since he had been taken away from me a few years ago. "

"Wait....Wei Gonzi, what do you mean he was taken away from you..? Aren't you together where you are..?"

"That's exactly what I said. If we were still together then I would be standing right next to him don't you think?"

"Wei Gonzi, when and how was he taken? Was he forced.? And was it before he was reincarnated?"

"Zewu Jun I don't get when it was exactly since I haven't taken a proper look at his incarnation. But if I were to guess, then I would say he was taken twenty one years ago. He...he just vanished just like that and I couldn't ask anyone about him cause just as I was about to look for him, I was taken too. But this was different, unusual if I my say. "

"Wei Gonzi...how so..?"

"Well...at that time....I looked away just for second and when I turned back round, he was gone. I may be new to that world but it's not too different from the one I know. Being in that place taught me a lot and trust me, I know when something isn't right, it's just the Yiling Patriarch thing to know and sense resentment and other bad energies Also...I don't know if Lan Zhan felt it too or was taken before he could think about it.

Unless if he knew but didn't tell me about it, otherwise I'm too lazy because of my heartbreak to even think about other possibilities for his disappearance. It was strange, very strange, I just miss him and if I could, I would do anything to bring him back, but he's reincarnated now. I admit I once thought of refusing to be reincarnated and also sabotaging Lan Zhan's next life so we could be together but I scolded myself for having such thoughts afterwards and I never thought about it again till now."

"Wait..! Wei Gonzi...you mean you sensed resentment energy ..? In the forever realm..? That's impossible...! It can't be."

"Zewu Jun, I have no intention of lying to you since I want you to help me find Lan Zhan. Why would I lie about something like this..?"

"But there shouldn't be such energies up there, Wei Gonzi, how could you even sense it in the heavenly realm.? Weren't you in the underworld...?"

"Zewu Jun, are you trying to tell me that my Lan Zhan went to hell when he crossed over..? Does he look like dark to you..?"