CHAPTER 10: Who we are...

Six hours later, Zhan woke up, he woke up like he was being kept under water and was struggling for a breath. It was like he had a terrible nightmare which he was living in till that very moment.

Yanli, who was sleeping right beside him on the chair, heard the sudden sprint on the bed and woke up. Mary was sitting on the very end of the bed right next to Zhan. She couldn't sleep a wink, her eyes were puffy and she looked exhausted with the dark circles under her eye.

It was 2am in the morning when Zhan woke up and they a rushed to see if he was okay. Wen Ning was nowhere to be found, he had gone out a few hours ago and he didn't tell them where he was going of if he was coming back. They figured that he must have gone out for fresh air after he had remained himself of his dark and unhappy past.

"Zhan dear, take some water..here..drink this...come on son!"

As Zhan struggled to even his breath, the glass of water seemed to help him calm down. He emptied the glass and closed his eyes for a few minutes just to set his Ind straight. When he opened them up again, he looked around to see his grandmother and Yibo's grandmother. Even though his grandmother was right next to him holding his hand, he seemed to be looking for someone else.

He closed his eyes for a few seconds and tried as best as he could to clear his hoarse throat, then he asked...

"Where's Yibo?"

No one answered, they just looked at him in fear of him taken by something just like Yibo. Yanli tried to make sure he remained calm and she held his hand and and with a soft voice which was a little shaky with tears she, answered.

"Listen , son...you just woke up and I think you need to remain calm and rest a bit and then we wil-"

"Zhan dear, Yibo has been taken!!"

Mary saw that Yanli was trying to hide what had happened to Yibo from Zhan. She knew Yanli didn't want their relationship and that she would delay Yibo from being found as long as his beloved grandson doesn't get involved.

But was Mary being selfish by telling hi the truth? She was also worried about her grandson, she, just like Yanli, had no idea about what the priest and Wen Ning were talking about or the events that followed after, but she felt like Yanli blamed her for it because of her acceptance of the soulmate information and the rest of the information they got from the priest.

Even though Mary had shown interest in what Yibo was interested in, she couldn't help it, her grandson had found something, or rather someone he was interested in for the first time in so many years, how was she not to try and help him find his happiness. Even though she realised late what kind of interest his grandson had for the other, she didn't regret it and rather chose to accept it.

Yanli looked at Mary in bewilderment, she couldn't believe Mary had told Zhan about Yibo like that. She wanted Zhan to rest a bit more and when he woke up again, she would try to explain Yibo's news slowly to him.

"Mary, this is wrong, Zhan just woke up after sleeping for so long and you don't care about that, you're just worried about finding Yibo. Zhan will need to have his strength in order to find Yibo, how can he do that when he's weak? We will be risking not only his life but Yibo's life as well. Look.i know you think I don't care about Yibo the way you do, but trust me, I really do. If something were to happen...may the Gods forbid, I will be in as much pain as you'll be in. Even right now, even though you don't see it, I am worried about him and I want us to find him too, but this isn't the right way to do it"

"Yanli...I hear you, I understand what you're saying, but time is running out and the more we wait the worse things get for Yibo wherever he is. I don't even know if he had eaten or if he's hurt or anything, what if something bad happens to him? How can I just sit quietly and calmly without worrying about these things"