CHAPTER 7: PAST LIVES

As they were looking at the lights, they saw something that made them gasp in awe. Yibo and Zhan were still sleeping but right beside them were two other men. They looked like they were not from the present era but from the era that the priest came from. They were dressed just like the priest with long robes, the other was wearing the same robe as the priest while the other was wearing the black and red robe with a red ribbon tied up to his hair. They were the legendary couple..soulmates whom the priest longed to see his entire long life. They were...Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian.

They looked real in some sense, but they were not really there. It was like their spirit took a human form but too weak to walk and breath the present air as the people from this time and era. The priest could co it because he wasn't dead, he was just immortal. But the two were already dear and had already reincarnated with there incarnations right there with them. It was impossible to even grasp the reality of it all.

They were there, everyone could see them...it was uncertain if they could be touched since they were still inside the array. But the looked as real as day and night, the priest just observed them to see if their spirits, their cores recognised each other like they should. When they appeared, it looked like they were not aware of their surroundings and they seemed to be confused as to where they were.

One was standing in the left side of the bed and the other was standing in the right with their backs at each other. They were looking at the first things they saw while slowly turning around, until ..they came face to face with their incarnations. What was strange was that when they both turned around, they saw their incarnations, and they recognised them even in their new form.

Wei Wuxian was the first to turn around and the first person he saw was Wang Yibo, who was laying right beside him and he immediately shed tears without looking anywhere else. It was the same for Lan Wangji too, but he help back his tears when he saw Xiao Zhan. He held his hand out like he wanted to touch him, only to pull it back in a instant. It was like he was afraid to touch Xiao Zhan and it was unknown if he didn't want to because of the reality he saw that he was not really his Wei Ying, or if he was scared to mess up Xiao Zhan's present time or ....if he was still blaming himself for his soulmate's death.

He didn't shed a tear, while inside the array, Yibo and Zhan's grandmothers cried so much as they clearly understood who the two men were...they saw that they looked exactly like their grandsons so there was no need to ask the priest further questions. The priest had given them enough information to understand what was going on, they were happy that the two long lost soulmates reunited, but they didn't know what would happen to their grandsons once the two men disappeared.

Would Yibo and Zhan still recognise each other.? Would they still want to be close to each other like they did..? Or would they...simply loose themselves ans become complete different people not only to each other but to everyone else around them...? Well...those questions had to wait until the Yibo and Zhan woke up.

The priest and the gardener were looking at their long lost brothers and friends and they couldn't help but smile after seeing them. Well...at least the gardener did smile, but the priest...he wasn't crying but it was visible that he was in so much pain that he ended up shaking, seeing his long dead brother right infront of him. They were so real and so clear that he just wanted to touch and talk to them, but he knew it was not time yet.

Wei Wuxian extended his hand as he looked at Yibo, at that time...the only person he saw was Yibo and it was the same for Lan Wangji took. Not aware of their surroundings yet, they focused on the only people infront of them, the people they loved with their whole hearts, their soulmates. Slowly...and slowly, Wei Wuxian's spirit reached for Yibo's cheek, only to pull away quickly after a slight touch. It was like his hand got shocked by electricity or something that he held his hand and hissed a little before he decide
d to stop touching.