7- Improper Introductions

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎______________After TransfigurationClass ______________☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎
______________
After
Transfiguration
Class
______________
☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

"Roo, what the heck?"

The moment class was dismissed, Rooney bolted out of her seat and was out the door faster than the wind on a stormy day. She was angry, upset, mortified, and had a very strong urge to punch something.

Roger was practically jogging to keep up with the girl as she scurried down the hall. "Roo will you slow down!" He shouted.

He finally caught up with her, grabbing onto her shoulder to try and slow down her pace to match his. "Roo talk to me, what's the matter? What happened? Why were you late? Why were you with—"

She halted in her step and turned to face her best friend with a frustrated look on her face. "Not now Roger, I'd really just like to—"

She caught a glimpse of red in her peripheral and turned her head to see the twins just about to walk past her and Roger with a few friends of theirs.

"What do you say we'll pick you after dinner later, hey Ravenclaw?" one of the twins jokingly asked her as they walked by.

"It's a date" The other twin joked as he winked at her and began laughing along with his brother.

Rooney felt her cheeks grow hot and her anger rise like a thermometer, she felt as if she'd burst at the embarrassment. Roger looked at Rooney, even more confused and concerned than he was before, clearly having no idea how he could have missed so much after breakfast.

She huffed and hiked her bag up over her shoulder and continued on her march through the hall towards her next class as if she was unbothered by it all.

"Roo.. you can't not talk to me" He practically began to beg. "I'm your best friend, and I have a duty you know."

"Duty?"

"Yes, have you already forgotten?" Roger asked her, but in an almost joking manner to where she could tell he was just messing around with her.

"I've a duty to protect you Roo", he said quietly so no passersby could hear. "And if those Gryffin-idiots are bothering you then tell me so I can take care of it!"

She finally huffed out a laugh, not at his use of name-calling, but at the thought of her friend 'taking care of it'. "I don't even want to ask what you mean by that Rog, but don't bother, they're just idiots that got me in trouble."

"How did that even happen Roo, what happened?"

She heaved out another long sigh, already frustrated enough with her newfound situation she's been dragged into, and now having to recount the events through story was no fun. "I had walked into one of their stupid pranks in the third floor corridor and they dragged me out of the way in time before I could become their victim, but since they dragged me into their mess, I ended up late to class and now with my first ever detention, yippee..." she muttered.