1

pov y/n

29.01.2023

Today's the day... where the Lions could take it home or lose it all. 

Today is the final of the Women's British Basketball League (WBBL) of the 2022/23 season.  We are up against the Leicester Riders. I am typically not nervous for any game, the media sees me chill and relax but today I'm not. Even during the olympics I didn't feel any nerves. I don't know why... today I have a feeling that it isn't going to a be a typical day or a typical turn out. 

~ time skip to 9 pm  ~

I am in my game day outfits. Nothing too fancy, something that I would be comfortable in. I just go for these retro jacket, a top and black parachute pants with silver jewelry, panda dunks and a cross body bag. Headphones in listening to my favourite playlist. 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0SZUs8jYEPk4u1QZoeKTyb?si=80882c524dc74eb6 

When I get to the stadium I feel all the nerves go out the window all of a sudden

When I get to the stadium I feel all the nerves go out the window all of a sudden. I feel confident and relax. 

~ time skip to 2 hour before game ~

I have been warming up for about 30 mins now. First I focused on my handles, doing a few drills for 20 mins. After I went straight to layups and all types of finishing. Then I focused on my shooting form. Now I am practicing my mid range shots. Doing all types of dribbles and moves that end with the ball going through the hoop from mid range. I may be cocky in saying but I will say this anyway but my mid range is deadly. No one can guard my mid range, once I let it go I know it's going through the hoop. I feel like the mid range is speciality but I did watch Michael Jordan growing up. He was the absolute king of the mid range, the best mid range shooter of all time. I try to replicate a few of his moves into my game but with my own personal twist to it. I do this for like 45 mins.

Now I move onto 3 pointer, just simple catch and shot. Although I am good at mid ranger, 3 pointers weren't as good. That's the thing that I need to improve for my game to develop to allow me to be a superstar and maybe go to the WNBA. But I can't focus on that... I need to focus on this game. 

To finish up, I moved onto my free throws, I made 20 in a row.  After I shot my free throws I realized the amount of people that have already turned out to watch my work out before the game. I scanned through the crowd then I moved onto the court side, not as full cause normally they turn up just on time. But my eyes landed on these piercing blue eyes. I recognized her, it was Leah Williamson, captain of the Lionesses and Arsenal player. Next to her where a few other Arsenal players. Now I knew I had to play to impress. 

Before leaving I grabbed a ball and sat down on the opposite of where Leah was sitting... a usually ritual before a game. I throw the ball towards the basket.

And of course it went. I went to dap up my coaches and I looked towards the opposite side and caught her eyes, she was videoing. I think she filmed the whole thing. 

Before heading back to the locker room... still holding eye contact I just winked at her and ran inside.