2

pov Leah

I'm seating court side for WBBL final with Beth, Viv and Lia. We get there early cause we want the team warm up but they think it's because I have a crush on someone. 

When we get there she is warming up, in a compression singlet, short rolled up with headphones on. She really focused and damn she looks hot. You can see all her tattoos on her arm and knee. I'm so focused on her that I don't hear Beth talking. She hit me on the arm.

"Ouch" I said in a jokingly manner, hitting her back. "What was that for."

"I reckon you should close your mouth, you might catch a fly," Beth responds.

"I wasn't staring, what are you on about?"

"Yeah sure." She whilst mimicking my face. "You definitely fancy on her, don't ya."

I pushed her, "Shut up I do not."

The only word that she says is, "Sure."

~ time skip to the end of y/n's warm up ~

I see her grab a ball and dribble over to the opposite side of the court. She takes a sit, honestly I'm quite confused what is happening and it is written all over my face.

"Why do you look so confused?" Viv asks.

"What do you mean, Viv?"

"Have you never been to one of y/n's warm ups before her game?"

"No, why?"

Beth buts in and says "Mate you're missing out... also I suggest you start recording like all of us. y/n has pre-game ritual type of thing where she has to make a crazy shot on her first try."

I do as I am told as I'm eager to witness this. 

"Eager aren't we?" Beth jokes with me while nudging me.

"Shut up!"

I see she is preparing to take her shot. She shoots it, the ball looks like it's going in slow motion. But of course as Beth said it goes in. After seeing the ball go in, y/n looks so chill as if you practices that shot on a daily basis, her teammates go you to dap her up and so do the coaches. How could she be so chill about that? It is like if we were to hit a shot in football from the mid field. If I were able to do that I would be going crazy right now. I knew I was staring at her too much, how could you not. That's when we made eye contact. Normally, it was someone else I would look away but I don't. With her it was different, I couldn't keep my eyes off her. 

She is still looking at me. All of sudden she is being called in my her coaches. But she doesn't pay attention to them. All her attention is on me. Then she winks at me with a smirk. Oh god. Then she runs off.

"Oi mate are you alright," Beth asks. 

"It's like you have seen a ghost or something." Lia says as well.

Viv just looks at me with the face I know what happened  or I just say the whole thing. Viv then says, "She is blushing cause y/n just winked at her." This causes everyone to start laughing at me.

"See even though you don't confirm that you fancy her, your eyes say everything." Beth says.

"Exactly," Lia and Viv agree with Beth.

"Whether you like to admit it or not, you do cause no one has even made you freeze like that with just a wink," Lia responds. 

"Whatever," is all I can say back to them. 

I don't why I can't admit it. Y/n and I have met on multiple occasions due to us being in London, having photo shoots, parties or just in general at coffee shops and restaurants. We both follow each other on instagram and occasionally comment on each other posts. But I don't know, I have heard many rumours that she might be getting offers from team in the WNBA. That's in America. I think that is the real reason why I don't act on these feelings or admit them to anyone. Cause I don't think I could really do a long distance relationship.