3

pov y/n

~ time skip to game time ~

We are 2 mins until the game starts. As a ritual I run towards the basket I will be shooting at first and jump to touch the backboard. While walking back to my starting positions I touch my bicep where it has my grandmother's name on it and point up to the sky. My grandma was my strength, she was my everything. She believed in me. Before she died her last words to me were "You are going to do amazing things... and I will be with all the way." So every game I do this ritual because everything I do is to make her proud. 

The referee blow his whistle and put the ball up for jump ball, my centre knocks to me I slap it with my hand. Game is on. 

~ time skip throughout the game (half time) ~

I am having the game of my life. The teams is up 8 points - 47 to 39, with me scoring 21 points. As a collective, we are playing the game of our lives, with everyone contributing not only in scoring but defense. Our defense has been stellar, top tier. You know what they say defense wins games and today we have proved that in the first half. But we can't get carried away, we got a whole another half to play and we all know that they will come out firing and eager for a comeback.  But I also know my team is also eager not in the same way though, eager in extending the lead to bring it home. 

~ time skip to the fourth quarter 2 mins to go ~

As we thought they came back firing, with 2 mins of the fourth quarter they are only back by 3 points. 86 to 83. We just kept of getting them easy points, letting the lead get to our heads, instead of playing what was in front of us. We are a timeout now that our coach called, I know he is frustrated with us, I'm frustrated with us. We needed to better coming out of half time but that is in the past, we all need to focus on what is to come. These final 2 mins. Although he was yelling at us, the thing that stuck with me from what he said was "this our time do amazing things... let's make it worth it". Coming out from the time out, I knew it was my time to do "amazing things" just like what my grandma said. 

I got the ball from the throw in and I thought to myself "this is my time grandma". We ran the play, with passing and off ball screen for me, ending with me being the corner for an open three. My teammate passes me the ball, I lock and load, following through. As soon as it leaves my hand I can tell it going in so I turn away to the crowd and put up my hand like this 👌. And of course it went in. As I start to run back on defense I saw her eyes, she was right in front of me. I continue to run keeping my eyes on her with her doing the same, so I wink at her then focus back on the game. After that encounter I definitely had to show up, get the crowd more involved. The following play, the other team scored a floater, with us still being 4 points up, I knew we need to continue. I think after that three ball and that encounter with Leah, a light starter in me although already having 34 points I had to continue. When dribbling up the court we ran another play, an isolation / on ball screen play for me on the right wing. I start to make my move on my defender running her into my player. Now I have the centre defender on me. Yet again I start making my move on her, pulling my signature cross over. I make my move to the basketball I see help defense closing in. I took the first step of my lay up, putting the ball up. The defender jumps so as a response I do an up and under finishing the lay up. At the same time I got knocked to the ground. Therefore, an "and-one" play. After the ball went into the basketball, with me on ground , turn around on the ground so my face is facing up, and I yell "and one". My teammates help me up and dap them up. I face the camera on the baseline and yet agin yell "and-one". I make my way to the free throw line. Of course I made it. 

~ time skip to 5 seconds to go ~

We are put by 6 points with 5 second go and it being our throw in. I get free as the other team is putting full court pressure and get the ball. I heard the other teams' coach say, "let it go". So I just let the time run out. When the buzzer sounded, I threw the ball in the air. And ran towards my teammates. 

~ time skip to the after the celebration with the team on the court (but still on the court ~

(A/N: I did this cause I am lazy plus this chapter is like 1000 words so yeah)

After hugging everyone on my team and shaking hands with the other team, I went over to Beth where Leah was. As I started walking over Beth saw me and ran over tome hugging me. 

"I am so proud of you. You played amazing," she said still hugging me. 

I smile at her comment and pulled away from the hug and replied, "Thank you, also thanks for coming to support it means a lot."

"Why wouldn't I? Also I need to introduce you to Viv, Lia and of course you know Leah."

I went to hug Viv and Lia and said "Hi" when it came to Leah though it was a bit awkward. 

"Hi," she said stuttering a little bit.

"Hi, come over here," pulling her in for a hug.

She pulled away and I saw her gain some composure, "You're literally a star."

"Aww thanks."