4

pov y/n

"y/n you are needed for an interview," someone says.

I pull away from Leah and tell them, "I'll be back soon."

I walk over to the place where I was needed. 

"y/n, they didn't go away. You had to take it. What was the difference down the stretch?"

"We knew it. They were a great team, a challenging team in which I have great respect for. But it all came down to the effort in which my team put in throughout the whole game. Early in the second half we kind of lost our focus, couldn't make shots, giving them easy buckets. But at the end, we found our rhythm again and figured out how to gain our momentum back and that's how we won the game."

"y/n, you played a critical part in the outcome, scoring 39 points, 8 assists and 9 rebounds. What was your mindset throughout the game?"

"I think for me, I was just focused on what was in front of me, controlling what I could control. I had strong belief not only in myself but the whole team, cause we have preparing for this moment, day in and day out."

"Now you're a champion, how does that feel?"

"It feels good, it's good. Now the job is done, we can go home."

"Haha, congratulations."

"Thank you."

I walk off, as promised I went back to Leah, Beth, Viv and Lia.

"You're back!" Beth says.

"Of course, I said I would come back."

"Honestly, we didn't think you would, should you be celebrating with your teammates?" Lia asks.

"You guys have no faith no me. But we literally have all night to celebrate." I said, "Do you not want me here cause I can go?"

I pretend to walk away when Leah pulls me back.

"Don't mind them, they are just teasing. But I had faith in you." Leah whispers.

"Thank you and why wouldn't I come back, especially when a pretty girl is waiting on my arrival." I whisper back, making Leah blush.

"Ayy what's going on there?" Beth yells.

"What are y'all whispering about?" Viv says as well.

"Beth, Viv look," Lia says tapping Beth's shoulder, "Is Leah blushing?"

"Okay, now we need to know what y/n said to Leah to make her blush." Beth says.

"I didn't say nothing.."

"And I'm not blushing." Leah buts in.

author: sorry y'all but I have exams coming up but I thought I would give youse a short one, comment for ideas I'll try to give more updates when I can.