Romance Dawn

Before

"Kailani, sweetheart where are you? It's time for dinner, your mother made a lovely meal for us!" My dad calls out for me. I giggle and get out of the shadows. I loved playing hide and seek with my family.

My dad smiles at me and grabs my hand. I skipped as we walked to the dining hall.

The land that we lived on was very beautiful, we had nice beaches, and lots of food and good people all around us.

Once we finally got to the dining hall, I happily planted myself in my seat ready to receive my dinner my mother made for me.

My mom soon came in and kissed the top of my head and smiled. She put my plate down and I immediately started to dig in, not even realizing how hungry I was already.

Everyone at the table laughed and I of course being 8 at the time didn't understand why everyone was laughing.

I just stayed the innocent kid I was and minded my own business.

-

the next day my mom finally let me go hunting with my dad and his people. My parents were kind of the leaders of this island. They were the most kind and caring people you could ever meet, which is why everyone chose them to be their leader.

They kept peace and harmony to the land. I was very lucky to have them.

My dad held me close as we were fishing for some food by the docks. I got a little bored so I side tracked away from them.

I was captivated by this fruit that got washed up on the land. Curiously I went over to it and picked it up. Since I was hungry and ready to eat anything I decided to bite into the fruit.

It was blue, and when I bit into it, was the worst taste I had ever had in my life. I kept eating it though because my parents always taught me to finish my food and drinks.

After I had it I felt a little weird, but I went back to my dad anyways.

My dad looked at me worriedly, "where did you go? I was so worried about you. Are you okay?" He bombarded me with questions and I just said, "I was just by the sand." I say to him as I point at the sand I just came back from.

He just nodded his head and we went back to our land. We caught a lot of fish that night.

-

Now on to the sad part. A few months later a man named Captain Morgan would come and take over my parents leadership position. Not by choice, but force. He had his marines stripe all my people of their power and use us as their slaves. My father tried to reason with him but he wouldn't listen.

He didn't kill my father because he found him very useful to his team, but he would stripe us away from him. We were on the peasant side and he was in the castle.

Not a day went by that I didn't try to get him back. Even with my new found powers because of that devil fruit I had. Nothing could of helped me to defeat the axe-hand and his son. Or so I thought

-

Present day, 10 years later 

"Ma, today is the day. I get dad back." I say to my mom as I grab my favorite ring my father got me for my 7th birthday. My mom shakes her head in fear at me.