The Chef and the Chore Boy

Luffy and Usopp both carried Zoro to the ship and Nami examined Zoros wound.

"Zoro? Can you hear me?" Each word that Luffy said he became more and more broken and unsure.

I was too busy trying to find a pulse in Zoro to comfort him. He was our leader, he had to be strong so we could know what to do.

"Luffy, LUFFY! What do we do? We need help, go. Get. Help." Nami says to a spaced out panicked Luffy.

"Do you want me to go with you Luffy?" I ask him as I leave Zoros side to walk towards Luffy.

"No, Luffy can go on his own. I need you here Kai." Nami says to me causing Luffy and I to nod our heads.

I go right back to my spot next to Zoro as Nami tries to stop the bleeding.

"Is it that bad?" I say and Nami and Usopp both nod their heads. But I shake mine, "no, he can't just die like this. Just like Luffy said, he has to stay alive. He can't die like this! He hasn't even faced real opponents yet." I say to them as I grab Zoros hand and squeeze it lowly scared he might break.

A few seconds later Luffy reappears and in comes Zeff and Sanji. Both of them try to help Zoro by bandaging his wounds.

"Would salt water help with wounds?" I ask Zeff as I examine what he was doing.

"What? No, don't be silly. Too much bacteria.." he says and I give him a questioning look, "says the guy who's putting fish skin on a wound." I say back giving him sass.

He looks at me then back at Zoros chest and rolls his eyes, "we washed it." Sanji says as he helps stitch up Zoros small wounds.

I get back and stand side by side with Luffy.

I look down at my hand and graze Luffys, he flinches at the touch and moves away looking at me. "Sorry, I didn't mean.." I say to him but he shakes his head.

"Nows not the time Kailani." He says seriously as he spaces out looking at Zoro.

"I Was just trying to.. comfort you..." I say as I whisper the last part since Luffy had stopped paying attention.

I walk over to Nami who was sitting down as the two chefs tried to put our friend back to life.

"He will be fine Nami, Luffy said so. There's a chance he could still be alive." I say slightly confidently to her.

"Why do you put so much trust into what Luffy says?" She asks me and I think of a moment and shrug.

"What's a captain without his crews trust? Why would he ever lie to us?" I say to her and she looks away then back at me.

"You know this is his fault right? He's the captain he should of convinced him not to do it." She says as she puts her head in her hands.

I sigh, "we just have to put trust in Captain Luffy, or would you rather trust The great Captain Usopp?" I say as I point over to Usopp who was minding his own business biting his nails.

"Both opinions are pretty bad." She says and I let out a bitter laugh.

-

"Hey, you hungry?" Sanji says looking over to Luffy who was preparing Zoros sword for him.

Usopp and I were watching Sanji prepare the food for us.

"The foods really good, he's got fish, your favorite!" I say as I look over to Luffy and he looks up smiles at me then shakes his head.

"I'm sure it is delicious, and Kai, please eat another plate for me. But I must prepare Zoros sword for him for when he wakes up." Luffy says and then Sanji gives me another fish as Luffy asked.