The Fall

He stared up at the white ceiling. It disappointed him. The fact that he could not remember.

Why? Why did he have to remember when he didn't want to, but not when he actively tried to?

The only thing Ran had been able to find out was- well, that everything was hopeless. He couldn't sleep because whenever he closed his eyes that shadow would appear.

It haunted him in his dreams and nightmares.

-

Concerned glances directed at him as soon as he entered the gym.

Everyone, even Takheshi Ito looked at him the longest of them all, proceeding to whisper something into Philippes ear. The coach nodded.

It wasn't hard to see his desperately the two tried to avoid looking at him.

Ran didn't understand why. The hickeys were not visible, he was dressed in his usually clothes and had tried to cover up the dark circles under his eyes.

So why were they staring? Well, turns out the concealer was not really doing it's job.

"When- Did you not sleep well? That is like your fifth energy drink, fourth banana and the eybags sre enormous." Tatsunori stated.

His hand had tried to get close to Ran, possibly touch him. But the younger had noticed the attempt and immediately moved away before it could even reach him.

Ran shook his head. "I slept well. It's fine. You?" "Fine. Better than you. Are you sure you don't wanna talk about something?" He shook his head. And the other gave up. It was obvious. Because if Ran didn't want to talk, he won't.

-

Attending school the next day was exhausting. He had been lucky that the first two lessons had been cancelled. Ran still felt tired.

The hallways were crowded with people. No one really bothered looking at him. It almost made him feel invisible. Without Kanta here, it was hard.

With science being the first subject of the day, it was guaranteed that he would spend at least another two hours alone. A sigh later, Ran closed his locker, walking to the room on the second floor.

The room was already filled with students, they were twenty in this subject. He felt a group of people stare at him ad soon sd he entered.

Two girls, three boys. He knew one of them, Haruto, and the others were the ones he would always hang out wi the in his free time. Ran and Kanta liked to call them 'the inner-circle'.

One girl in particular looked at him ad if she were ready to kill. Her hair was dyed blonde. She wore a tucked in white blouse, red bow and typical black blazer and skirt.

Ran had never talked to her. Why was she staring him down then? However, the teacher entered before she could even approach him the slightest.

Science started with Ran sitting alone in the middle of the room.

-

"I want you to hand in the homework 'til Friday. You have plenty of time to do it. Do it properly, I will grade it." The old lady pushed her glasses up her nose again, grabbed all her stuff and headed out the room. Her long skirt elegantly flowing in the air.

Ran had been lucky enough to escape the room quickly, but not lucky enough to make it to his locker.

Because the second he turned the corner near the toilets he was pulled inside the bathroom by a force.

Someone had a right hold on his wrist. Ran grew more frantic. It seemed to trigger something, anxiety level skyrocketing.

The girl from earlier stood a few meters away from him. Two of the three boys that he had seen earlier with her were holding him in place, while the third one blocked the door.