Kill Bill

TW: attempted/referenced SU!C¡d3, $H

——————-
Monday

A weird feeling overcame Ran as soon as he entered the university halls. Something felt so...off. Yeah, there was definitely something going on, something that he did not know about. Judging by the weird stares everyone seemed to throw his way, he was certain.

They all had their phones in their hands, looking up at him, then back down on their phones. And again. Some dramatically avoided eye contact, while others did not mind staring.

At first, Ran had been confused. He had even pulled out his own phone to check what the hell was going on. But the second he noticed Maya staring at him, it clicked. And Kanta approaching him, then pulling him into a nearby classroom did not calm him down in the slightest.

"What the hell is going on?" He asked. Rans voice was shaking with a hint of sadness to it. Meanwhile Kanta just stared straight ahead. He didn't try to avoid eye contact, it seemingly just happened. Like he was too ashamed to look his best friend in the eyes. "Kanta!" "They are talking about you." Ran rolled his eyes. "I can tell. Why?" "Why didn't you tell me about it?" Confused at first, but realisation started creeping in. No. They couldn't know.

He hadn't done anything, why would they know? "Your nudes are everywhere, Ran. Everywhere. Everyone saw that picture. Why didn't you tell that you slept with some chick at the party? It's fine, I don't judge you for it. But she leaked it." Ran stared straight ahead.

Oh, hell. This was bad.

A hot feeling spread through his body. Then, it turned cold. Hot again. Panic. Breathing suddenly felt so hard. When did the world start spinning so fast? "Ran? R-n? -an?" Was someone shouting his name? What was this weird beeping in his left ear that suddenly made it so hard to hear?

It was hard to breathe. He needed air. Fresh air. Involuntarily, Ran started scratching his skin, not stopping even when it drew blood. He didn't notice when it even started bleeding, mentally completely gone.

And suddenly, he ran. Through the hallways and out of the building, alleys and streets passing by. Only when houses came in sight that he had never seen before, did Ran started slowing down. Tears were frantically flowing down his cheeks, effectively blurring his vision.

It all turned black. And Ran found himself on the floor with a bleeding head. There was a glass bottle just a few inches away. Slowly, he pushed himself forwards, crawling until he got a good hold on it.

There was a loud, shattering sound. Ran had smashed the bottle to pick up a glass shard. Why was there suddenly a red line on his arm and why was it bleeding so heavily? And why was the glass in his hand so ruby red?

Someone shouted. He saw a blurry figure run towards him. But Ran couldn't identify them, could not even tell whether it was a man or woman, child or adult. Because his whole world turned pitch black, like a switch had just been flicked. Time to say goodnight then.

-

"He is stable, you can visit him." A woman with brown hair pushed herself past the nurse. There were tears streaming down her already red face, the corners of her mouth facing downwards.

She nodded faintly. Her hand reached out to comb through her sons hair, eyes stuck on the bandage that was covering his arm. It had small red stains on it, even though the nurse had just changed it.

Again, she let out a small cry. Another napkin thrown inside the trash bin. Her eyes were already bloodshot from all the crying she had done ever since the phone call. Her son, her sunshine, had tried to commit suicide. Or well, that was what the doctors had assumed when they brought him to the hospital.