Fast forward

TW: SH; References to §u!c¡d€ and al€0h0/

A week passed by. No Ran attending school. Not even a text message, social media activity. Kanta completely left in the dark. The two had fought often before, it was completely normal and human to do so. But never ever that badly. 

Kanta was worried, there was no denying that. But it wasn't his fault. Ran had to learn. Because they had been best friends, he had always told Ran about his entire life. Why hadn't the other trusted him? This was the only right way. And Ran had been seen at a recent game anyway, so no need to worry. He was doing fine.

-

Ran was doing absolutely not fine. Terrible, to be exact. The phone call with his mother had not made it any better. Because it had consisted of her shouting at him, and demanding an answer. 'What is wrong with you? Tell me about it.' And even though she asked so often, Ran never replied. He instead just listened to the parts were she got angry and frustrated with him.

"It's enough, Ran!" It was his father this time. He was scared now. "Stop with whatever is going on! You are ruining your life! And you know what? It's either school or no volleyball. I am serious. I know your coach, I am still your father and I can still pull some strings. So you better fucking get your ass moving and go to school! One last chance, Ran. One! Call us back when you are finally normal again, you egoistic idiot." His mouth dropped in shock, tears streaming down his face.

His father- no way. They had hung up immediately afterwards. Ran was a wreck. "Kill me. Fucking kill me!" He screamed, throwing his body against the wall. Then his head again and again into the wall. "Die! Die! Die!" Again and again. He didn't stop once the world started spinning around him.

His words were weak and slurry. Like possessed Ran continued. Suddenly, a hand on his shoulder. What?

Though his world was still spinning, Ran turned around. He couldn't properly make out the person, but all he could tell was that that person needed to let go and stop taking. "Ran! Stop it, please! Please!" "Let me go-" He slurred. There was still the fight in him to try and get out of the others hold.

However, once Ran noticed that persons strength, he fell to his knees. He couldn't see, he couldn't properly breathe. But somehow, he could beg and rub his hands against each other while doing so. "Let me go! Please. Please. Please. I will be a good boy. Please don't. I am sorry. I am sorry. Don't do it. Please, I am sorry. I am sorry. Please. I am sorry. Sorry, sorry, sorry." He begged and begged, repeating each word over and over again.

Slowly but surely, the colors that had remained started fading together, creating a single color. Black. Pitch black.

-

Something had been wrapped around his head. His body also felt warm. Why?

Ran pushed himself up from the couch. Wait, when had he laid down on the couch? And why was there a bandage wrapped around his head? Eyes still a bit unfocused and head hurting, Ran started looking around.

Two people sat on the ground, just a few meters away from him. They were playing cards. There was something On their backs, written in bold, black letters: Paramedic.

Oh no. He tried to lie down again without them noticing, wait until they're gone and then just forget about today. Not the case, because he made eye contact with one of them.

She was a female with black wavy hair, secured back in a ponytail. Next to her sat a man. He looked a lot older than her, some grey hair already showing. They both smiled at him, approaching him carefully. They seemed to pay close attention to his body language, stopping as soon as he backed off a little.