Lie again

It took one week for Ran to enter the school again. He had attended practice, as well as the match. However, he had not been allowed to play as Philippe said 'he doesn't look well'. As easy as that, no further arguing.

Ran had accepted it, had been fine with it.

But entering school had been a different kind of hard. Kanta, of all people, had been the most surprised to see him.
"Wow, look who is here! Ran, where were you? You didn't play on Saturday, and didn't text or call me back. Are you okay?" He just nodded. Kanto couldn't know.

Simply suspecting something was enough danger. "I am fine. I left my phone at a friends house. But I got it back. What's up?" Flabbergasted, Kanta shook his head. "Really? Ran, you dipped for a week and then ask me to act normal? Why didn't you-" "I am fine, but if you don't trust me, then so be it. I am gonna head to class now, your decision whether you follow or not." Ran slammed his locker shut, walking away with his pencil case and book for Japanese in hand.

-

Japanese lessons had to be some of the most boring ones out there. He wasn't good at it, therefore not the biggest fan anyway. But Kanta had decided to not even sit next to him. That made it just so much worse. Now, he was bored and hurt.

Throughout the entire day, Ran got ignored by his best friend. He didn't understand why Kanta looked away whenever he tried to make eye contact, walked the opposite direction as soon as he saw Ran standing by his locker.

It did not even take 8 school lessons for him to officially loose his mind. Nearing a breakdown, Ran escaped to the toilet stalls. And patiently waited for the last lesson to end so he could finally go home.

-

"Ran! Ran! Please, wait." Someone shouted from behind. He had just left the school, passed its gates, and now someone was chasing after him. Ran knew that voice. "What, Kanta?" "You didn't attend the last three lessons. Mrs. Heta was unamused when she noticed you skipping again. Really, Ran?" "Could you shut up for a single second? Just one? Leave me alone Kanta. You ignored me for a full day without a good reason. And now, now you approach me because of something so insignificant. Did you suddenly feel bad?" He shook his head. "Why the hell would I feel bad? 'No lies or secrets' had been our motto ever since kindergarten. But suddenly, you decide to ditch it all. Besides, you were the one who ignored me first. If you want me to talk to you again, tell me the truth. Why did you ignore me? What did I do wrong?"

Ran kept silent. His eyes were filled with tears. The truth was about to explode out of him, but he was so ashamed, so scared that he simply couldn't talk about it. What would Kanta think? "Nothing." He pressed out. Because this had not been his best friends fault.

He forced a nod. "Fine. Text me when you are willing to talk. Behave like an adult, this is stupid." "But you are the one acting like a child!" Ran shouted back at him. But Kanta didn't listen. He just turned, got in his car and drove off. Neither Ran or Kanta saw the tears leaking from the others eyes.

"Fuck!" Ran screamed. He kicked the nearest stone far away from himself. Ran was furious. But above all sad. He couldn't stop the tears from flowing, couldn't control the sobs. Literally feeling his strength fading, he sat down on the concrete.

He felt someone tap his shoulder.

Ran would have expected a random person that had passed by to stand there, maybe even Kanta who had returned to talk it out. But not him. Not Haruto.

As soon as Ran realised, he scurried backwards. He didn't care less about his blazer ripping, or his jeans getting dirty. All he wanted was run as soon as he managed to get on his feet. But Haruto wouldn't let him. With his hand still on the others shoulder, he had enough strength to keep Ran seated on the ground.