_____𝟎𝟕

Bada felt sorry for her neighbors, knowing that they're probably  sick of hearing her parents yell day and night

Bada felt sorry for her neighbors, knowing that they're probably sick of hearing her parents yell day and night. As she was heading downstairs, her mother's voice rang out, "Come back here, you ungrateful brat! Where are you going?"

"To kill myself," Bada muttered, slipping on her jacket.

"What did you say?!" her mother yelled, she turned to her husband "Joon talk some senses into your daughter" he just glanced up from his newspaper, briefly, before quickly returning to his reading.

"I'm going to the library. I'll be back by five," Bada said and closed the door before her mother could continue berating her.

The cold air hit her as she stepped outside as she stepped out into the frigid air. The snow was already starting to fall, but Bada didn't mind the winter weather. In fact, she loved it. As the snowflakes danced through the air, she took a deep breath and smiled.

"Now this is what I call winter weather," she exclaimed, feeling alive. With a skip in her step, Bada headed towards Jia's house. She knew that Jia wasn't home, but that wasn't the point. She just wanted to be in a place that was comfortable and familiar.

The house came into view, a quaint little light green-colored house with white fences bordering the front yard. Bada smiled at the sight as a wave of nostalgia washed over her. She grinned as she spotted her and Jia's names carved together on the familiar tree in the backyard. Her eyes twinkled as she let out a light chuckle.

Standing at the front porch, Bada knocked on the door and waited patiently. A minute later, the door was opened, and she was met with the warm, loving face of the older woman she adored.

"Bada" It felt like the most natural thing in the world, being welcomed by Aunt Ling with her big smile and open arms, holding her in such a close embrace. Despite everything, she felt safe in Jia's house

"Hi aunt Ling"

"How are you, sweetie?" Jia's mother gently took Bada's face in her hands and plucked a stray hair behind her ear. "Jia isn't home right now, but come inside, I made some warm cookies, they're fresh out of the oven."

Bada's heart warmed at the sight of the unconditional motherly love. She knew Jia was lucky to have such a supportive and caring mother, who always had her best interests at heart. To have a stable parental figure who is there for you through thick and thin, no matter what. Bada wasn't so lucky, despite her unfortunate circumstances, Bada found herself feeling welcomed and at ease in Jia's home, away from her own family problems.

"I know, I wanted to hang out with you and talk," Bada said "What? You don't like my company, Aunt Ling?"

Unable to hide her amusement, Jia's mom rolled her eyes playfulness at the teasing. "You know you're like my own daughter, dear,"