35 | what a coincidence

"CHAPTER 35"
what a coincidence
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I'm actually happy I'm going back to work," you say in the phone, getting off the metro and looking around you. You take a sip from your coffee and sigh satisfied. "Gets my mind off things."

"Are you sure? Last time I checked you hated your boss," Jisoo says. She pouts as she looks at herself in the mirror. "Hey, question. Do you think I'm pretty? People barely look at me, maybe I'm not that special."

"You? Jisoo, you're one of the most gorgeous girls I have ever seen! Never say something like that, you're special!"

You excuse yourself as you almost bump into to some lady, and then you hurry over the busy streets of Seoul to get to your job. "And I don't hate my boss. He's just... All over the place, usually. And this is a good opportunity. I work with celebrities! And the good thing is, no Stray Kids. No them for a good few days. I can't wait to listen to Millie Bobby Brown talk about whatever stuff she has to talk about with me!"

Jisoo sighs. "You're right, you go Riles! It is a big opportunity for you to be working with all these people. They can finally see how good you are!" she says, nodding to herself. "And I think you're right in most things. Thank you, I love you," she says, fixing her hair in the mirror and making kissy faces in the camera. It makes you chuckle.

"Idiot."

"Hey, don't be so mean to me!" she gasps, and you just roll your eyes. "Shut up, weirdo."

Jisoo laughs, then looking in the camera again. "And, no Stray Kids? I thought you loved the— Ohh, nevermind. The Bang Chan thing. I get it, no more band things for you."

"Except for Han who's literally been at our house more times Robin has been in the last two weeks," you say with a sigh, thinking about those two. "She really took our advice, even though Raven mentioned she's still avoiding him or whatever. What's up with her?"

"I don't understand why she's avoiding him half of the time, even when Jisung visits your home. She's been scared to get anyone for years now, you remember when she almost ran away a couple months back when that guy tried to kiss her at the club? Maybe it's a good thing she's with someone, even if it isn't her soulmate, you know? She seems to have fun. And maybe Jisung is her soulmate! That would explain why she's not that scared anymore. They complete each other, I think."

"They do, yeah," you answer, then looking at the building. "I think it's cute they fit so well together and that they spend time with each other. It's just kinda sad to open the door and see Jisung standing there to ask if Robin's home, but she's not. I hope she'll get over the issues or anxiety she still has so she can fully go for him if she wants to instead of being anxious to meet him. They seem to really like each other."

Jisoo sighs and nods, "Yeah... Maybe I should pay Robin a visit and ask her what's up. Do you think she would be down for that?"

"Definitely. Hey, listen, I'm here. I'll call you later?"

"Of course," Jisoo answers, taking her phone in her hand. "I'll call you later today after I run some errands. Will you be okay without me?"

You laugh, "Yeah, yeah. Say hi to Robin for me, will you?" you ask with a chuckle, and she nods. "See ya. Bye!"

You hang up and quickly get inside the building. Once you're inside, you already spot your boss standing at the entrance hall. You check your phone. Five minutes before you have to be there. Perfect.

"Hi, good morning! I—"

"Riley!" Your boss says, turning around. "Just the girl I wanted to see. Hey, do you happen to be good with males in their twenties?"