Chapter 1

I was walking to my last class of the day when Athena came running towards me.

"Woah! Athena, what's wrong?!" I ask her worriedly.

"Have you seen Hazel?" She asks while trying to catch her breath.

"No. Why?" I asked.

"I made her a gift and I want to give it to her." She explained.

"Christmas isn't for another ten days. Why are you giving her a gift this early?"

"I'm going to give her a gift from the 15th of December until Christmas. You now that she doesn't like Christmas time very much and I wanted to do something special for her." She does a bunch of hand gestures while saying this.

"Oh yeah. That's sweet. But I still don't know where she is." I smile and chuckle nervously then shrug.

I hear Athena groan.

"Sorry." I apologize.

"It's fine. I just don't want another repeat of last year." She says sadly and looks down.

"I know. I know." I say as I pull her into a hug.

I pull away and look around.

"Oh, hey, look!" I say to Athena while pointing towards Hazel and our friend Levi.

Athena smiles and gasps. We both run over to Hazel and Levi.

When we got there Levi was listening to music and Hazel was scrolling through her phone.

"Hazel!" Athena yells when we got over there.

"Woah! Hey! What's wrong?!" Hazel hurriedly asks her out of breath girlfriend.

Athena pulls out the present and gives it to her. "Here!" She says excitedly.

"What? Why?" Hazel asks while taking the present.

Athena hugs Hazel and says "Well we all know that Decembers are hard for you so I wanted to give you more presents. You'll get a present today/the 15th, the 16th, the 17th, the 18th, the 19th, the 20th, the 21st, the 22nd, the 23rd, the 24th and the 25th!"

"Thank you but you don't have to do that." Hazel says.

"Hazel I just don't want a repeat of last year." Athena hugged Hazel tighter. "I-I was really worried for you."

Hazel hugs Athena tighter and kisses her forehead. "Hey, it's okay. I've been 5 months clean. I also have all of you guys. Plus we're all having a sleepover at Levi's house tonight so right now I'm really happy." Hazel said.

Athena opened her mouth to speak but before she could Hazel spoke. "Yes I promise to tell you if I feel like doing it again and I promise to tell you right after, if I do end up doing it again."

Athena smiles. They stand there while hugging for awhile before the bell rings. Athena and Hazel kissed and then we all said bye and went to our separate classes.

After class we all met outside of school.

I looked around at our group. It's definitely a weird mix of people but I love them.

We all walked to Levi's van. Levi drive each of us to our houses to pack our stuff for the sleepover at his house.

Once we all got our stuff Levi drove us to his house. When we walked inside we saw his mom pacing around while speaking to someone.

Once she saw us she said "Give me a minute Ryan." Then she hung up and put her phone down.

She walked up to us and gave Levi a hug. "Hi guys!"