06. Into The Closure

"No matter how bad things are, you can always make things worse."

From "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch

The evening darkened with the flicker of the streetlight. A car was honking impatiently as it drove away from the traffic light. Loud music was playing, drowning out the sounds of the night even more. In the meantime, a group of underage students were drinking illegally in one of the rooms, while others were dancing under the pulsating lights.

"Seo Soo Bin." Young Bin whispered under his breath, his thoughts in tune with the gray denim jacket draped over his shoulders. He felt anger boiling inside, but something about her behavior seemed unusual. It was the opposite of what any of the other girls had ever shown him. Her cold eyes and her glare.

No one has ever looked at him with such a look. Instead, out of fear or deception, they pretend to be his friends.

"By the way, I think Yeon Si Eun lost his mind. Who does he think he is? As if he could actually do something with that pen." His thought was interrupted by Lee Jung Chan, one of Young Bin's minions. "I saw him look at us the other day and he looked crazy. I almost killed him." Han Tae Hoo, his other minions added.

"What should we do with him?" Young Bin's jaw tightened as anger swelled up in his eyes. He muttered in a low voice, almost to himself, "We can't seem to harm him...his soul is impervious to our attacks."

"Maybe his grades. I mean, he's obsessed with his grades. Maybe if we mess with that, it'll be destroyed his soul. Ya, come to think of it, Seo Soo Bin also studies like crazy. She's a bit strange too.Young Bin, did you see the bruise on her face?" Jung Chan asked as he turned his head against him.

"I don't care about Yeon Si Eun, but I won't do anything to her. I don't mess with girls." Smirking, Young Bin leaned back on the sofa and shook his head, "You?" One of the drunk girls had a laugh at him. He glared at her, kicking the table before him. "Were you just laughing at me?"

"Ya, Here." Seok Dae, Young Bin's cousin suddenly walked in and threw a plastic bag of fentanyl at him. He stopped what he was doing. "It's from Cheonan. And 100.000 won for the distance." His black hat covered his long hair, and he spoke in a flat voice with a cigarette held between his fingers. "Ya, give it to him."

Seok Dae grabbed the money and got ready to leave. "Wait. I'll come with you. I need to ask you something." Young Bin faked his smile before following him outside.

Outside, they rest their arm on the edge of the balcony. "Auntie came over the other day. She said you hadn't come home yet." Young Bin said still with his smile. "Get to the point." Seok Dae blew out his cigarettes out of his mouth as Young Bin smile disappear slowly. "I just wonder... what happens if you put fentanyl on your skin? On your neck, for example?"

"It won't be as potent, but it's still a pain killer. It'll make you feel a little muzzy. You'll get dull and sleepy. In the worst case, you'll vomit." Seok Dae explained. "Why do you ask?" He turned to the nodding Young Bin, he taken aback. "Oh? Oh, I just got curious."