12. Unexpected Confession.

"He'd set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her"

From "Anthology" by SenLinYu

It's been three days since she was in the hospital. Suho packed his things into his backpack, getting ready for school, while Subin kept an eye on his every move. "Suho, jinjja mal anhal geoya? (Suho, are you really not going to tell me?)" She spoke softly, stopping him and she continued. "I know, you didn't start it. But you must have had a reason to fight, no?"

He sighed, sitting at the side of her bed as he took her hand. "Fine, I can't lie to you, am I?" He said with a slight smile. "Jeon Young Bin. Gyaega sijakhasseo, jeonghwakhi malhamyeon myeot myeongeun derigo Yeon Si-eun-eul gonggyeokhan geoji. (Jeon Young Bin. He started it, to be exact, he had a few people with him and attacked Yeon Si-eun.)"

Subin snorted in disbelief. "Geobjaengi saekki. Jyaen wanjeonhi doratguna. (What a coward. He's totally insane.)" He eyed her and cracked into a grin. "It was crazy even just listening to it, wasn't it? That's why Oh Bum-seok called me to help Yeon Si-eun."

"Okay, fine. But don't do it again, okay? Only in case of danger, or you rather a jus-" She started babbling her concerns, and that's when he lovingly stared at her, and he beamed which made her stop. "Wae useo? (Why are you smiling for?)" His gaze and smile made her feel shy all of a sudden.

His intense voice sounded, sending warmth inside her soul. "Johaseo... nal saranghago akkigi ttaemune geokjeonghaneun geondae, nega geugeol alge haejwoseo haengbokhae. (Because I like it...You're worried because you love me and look after me, and I'm glad that you let me see that.)"

She playfully squinted her eyes with a grin painted on her lips. "Eung, matneun malia. (Well, that's true.)" The sound of their chuckle could be heard, warming the cold morning.

"Okay, now I'm off to school. I don't have a part-time job in the evening, so I'll be back early." He stood up and clasped his bag. He stayed in his place, staring at her. There's a hint of dismay in his voice. "Ugh, I wish I could see you at school. Should I just skip school?"

She grinned as she reached his hand and swung it mischievously. "Go, don't use me as an excuse."  He let out a defeated sigh but didn't let go of her hand. "Okay, fine."

She chuckled, gazing at their intertwined hand. "Ije nae soneul nwajwoya haji anhgetsseubnika, nae Suhocheonsa-ya? (Shouldn't you let go of my hand, my guardian angel?)" She grinned, speaking formally as a teasing act. (*FYI: Suho means guardian or protector and the guardian angel is called Suho-cheonsa.)

His bunny eyes stared at her as she could see his blushing cheeks and reddened ears. "Ah, r-right... I... I am leaving now." He said as if he turned into a malfunctioning robot while letting go of her hand, driving her to smile brighter.

He cleared his throat and his hand nervously rested at her nape as he kissed the crown of her head. It was her turn to blush but still with a bright smile on her face.

They smiled at each other, saying goodbye with their eyes before he took off his feet out of the room, leaving her smiling at his back. But the second she thought he was completely gone a head suddenly turned up at the side of the door, startling her.

A mischievous voice called out to her. "Jagiya! (Babe!)" She froze. Her heart skipped a beat at the new nickname. "W-wae tto? (W-what now?)" This time it was him who caught her off guard.