16.

-May-

Unfortunately, The devils lost in the playoffs so hockey season was over for us. We were still the last ones heading to the lake house for the summer anyways, Since none of the boys teams made playoffs this year.

Jack and I finish up packing and loading the car before I put Coby's leash on him and walk him out to the car as he jumps in.

Jack does one more lap around the house making sure everything is turned off and locked before running down our steps and into the drivers seat with a smile on his face

"SUMMERRRR BABY WOO." He yells making me laugh as he turns on the car "Next time we come back home you're gonna be Mrs.Hughes." He adds smirking at me.

"Can't wait" I smile back as we lean in for a kiss before he backs out of the driveway and on the way to pick up Luke and head to the Lake house.

We finally pull into the driveway of our beloved lake house and start unpacking everything from the car. Before walking in , I begin thinking about how much everything has changed. Jack and I are engaged, Trevor and Tate got engaged over the winter, Alex and Liv began dating back in LA and Quinn also has a girlfriend who he met in Vancouver. It finally hit me that we're not the kids we just were anymore.

I open the door to see everyone in the kitchen standing around the counter.

"Heyyyyyy!!" I say walking in, As everyone screams and runs towards me, Jack, And Luke with open arms and smiles from ear to ear as we hug every single one of our friends.

"Now, We're complete." Trevor says petting Coby, As we bring our bags to our room and head back downstairs to catch up with everyone.

"Oh guys, I wanted to introduce you guys to my girlfriend Kayla." Quinn says as a medium height brunette girl walks over to Luke, Jack, and I with a sweet but nervous smile.

"Kayla these are my younger brothers,  Jack and Luke, and this is Jack's fiancée Kenzie, Who's also like my little sister." Quinn introduces us

"Hi Kayla, So nice to meet you." I start the greeting bringing her in for a hug as Jack and Luke follow behind greeting her as well

"Oh my god, I love your bag." I tell her as she smiles "Are you kidding me? I've been following you for years. Your photoshoot with Vogue last month was fucking nuts." she says back seeming a little starstruck.

"Come here, You HAVE to see this unreleased bag i brought with me." I say as we both head up the stairs to my room.

"Well, Looks like they're hitting it off already. " Quinn laughs and smiles at his younger brothers.

Everyone ends up coming back into the kitchen as we're all listening to music and talking.

"Shots for the first day of summer?" Trevor asks holding up a bottle of tequila.

"Obviously." I say back as Trevor begins to pour tequila into several shot glasses

I turn to Tate,  "I haven't gotten the chance to say it in person but congratulations, We're gonna be sister in laws now. Fucking crazy." I laugh and give her a hug

"Thank you Kenzie, I can't wait for holidays it's gonna be a fucking shit show. Me, You, Trevor, Jack,Luke Quinn as his girlfriend is a recipe for disaster. Thank god you're his sister." She laughs, Hugging back tightly.

"Cheers!" we say as we clink our shot glasses together.

"How's living with Jack?" Liv joins me and Tate's conversation.

"Like everything I ever wanted. He's an angel." Kenzie's face fills with Joy talking about Jack.

"Awh, I'm so happy for you Kenzie, Seriously." Liv smiles at Kenzie seeing how happy she is and how much she deserved the happiness.

"Woah, hold on Liv. You and Alex?" Kenzie whisper screams "I need all the details. How did that happen?!"

"When I released my album he actually texted me. He said he was upset I never agreed to put his name as one of the songs." All three of the girls laugh remembering the exact moment of Alex tormenting Liv about naming a song after him.

"But he was telling me how good it was, And how much he loved it, And we kind of just started talking more and more from there everyday and we began hanging out." Liv explains

"Oh my god that's great, Liv. Look at us all finding love in our childhood friend group." Tate says brightly smiling at the two of us.

"This has all been SO wild." Kenzie says sipping on a new cocktail Trevor made for her.

"I wouldn't want it any other way." Tate says as the best friends go in for a group hug.

Jack creeps behind Kenzie holding her waist "I love you" as he kisses her cheek.

Kenzie turns around to face Jack "I love you more, Jack."

"Not possible." He says as the two cuddle into each other looking at their friends drinking and dancing with smiles on each of their faces so excited to be back together. There was really no friendship like the one this group had.

"I can't believe were getting married in a few weeks." Kenzie says into Jack's chest

"It's genuinely a dream come true" Jack says back smiling down at Kenzie.

"ARE YOU GUYS JUST GONNA STAND THERE AND CUDDLE? OR TAKE SOME SHOTS?" Cole screams being shit faced already making me and Jack laugh.

"We're coming Cole, We're coming. Don't you worry, Big boy." Jack says as he grabs Kenzie's hand as they walk over to Cole and take shots with him.

-Hi guys! I'm sorry this chapter was short, I need a few fillers <3 The next chapters will be much better. Thank you so much for all the reads with this being my first published book <3 NEXT CHAPTER IS AN EXCITING ONE SOMEONES GETTING MARRIEDDDDD!!!!!!!