Chapter 1

Wilburs Pov

I frowned as I looked in the mirror. It was now Monday and I had to go to work. I didn't want to work though.. I looked down at my hands before shaking my head and quickly moving towards my bedroom. I step in and quickly change into my only white button up and a random pair of black jeans. Sadly these jeans had a hole in the knee. I put on my shoes and head out the door to my favorite coffee shop.

I open the doors and yawn a bit, covering my mouth slightly as I do so. Jack smiles and waves at me. Niki then walks out and over to me with a big smile. "How was your weekend Wil?" She asked softly.

"It was alright. Could have been a bit better." I sigh to her. She nods and smiles before giving me a small hug.

"Well what can we get for ya big man?" I hear Jack ask from behind the counter. I smile and pull away from the hug before walking over.

"Coffee.. Black with sugar. Like normal." I sign with a large smile. Jack nods and grabs a cup. Me and Jack have been friends for 6 years now and a year after meeting him he introduced me to Niki. Besides James and Tommy, Jack and Niki were my only friends really.

"Here you go mate! Have a good day at work." Jack said with a grin as he handed my the cup of hot coffee. I nod and turn only to run into the girl from yesterday. She stumbles back and trips. I quickly put my coffee down and rushed over to help her.

"Are you alright?" I signed after helping her sit up. She looks at me a bit confused. I sigh and pull my phone out before typing the words 'are you alright?'. She seemed even more confused but nodded.

"Uh yeah Im fine.. Why are you typing?" She asks and tilts her head. I frowned and began to type again. I turn the phone around so she can read. A look of shock covers her face. "Y-you cant speak?.... Oh Im sorry..." She frowns as well before standing up. I do the same and smile.I type out the words 'Im Wilbur, Its nice to meet you. Sorry for running into you.' She smiled softly as she read the words to herself.

"Im Scarlet. Nice to meet you too. And don't worry. I should have been looking where I was going so it isnt your fault." Her smile was so bright that it was almost blinding. After a moment I looked down at the time. I quickly grabbed my coffee and ran out the door.

'Shit I should have said goodbye or something... Im so fucking dumb.' I thought to myself as I ran to work. I quickly pulled out my keys to the office and unlocked the door. I walked in and sighed when I saw that barely anyone had even arrived yet. I took a seat at my desk and began another boring ass day at work. I sip on the coffee a bit, my mind wandering back to the bright smile I saw at the coffee shop.

A hand on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts. "Hey mate you good? Your zoning out. Got a girl or something that your not tellin me bout Wil?" James asked as he leaned over. My face turns red as I frantically sign things to him. He laughs at my sudden embarrassment and shakes his head. "God your so easy to fuck with.. Anyway you might wanna finish that report before the big boss man yells at ya." James warned before fleeing back to his own desk.

Today was gonna be a very long day...

Scarlet Pov

I stared at him as he rushed out of the coffee shop. I turn back to Jack and Niki who are grinning at me. "HE CANT SPEAK?!" I yell before covering my mouth, muttering sorry to the few people in the shop who heard.

"Sorry should I have mentioned that yesterday? Oops!" Niki said before laughing and smiling at me. Jack just shook his head and began to make me my tea. I didn't even have to ask. He just knew what I wanted.

Jack handed me my drink and leaned over the counter. "I think you would like him. Ive been friends with him for a long time and so has Niki. Maybe at some point we'll get to hang out as a whole group. Wouldnt that be fun?" He began to go on and on. I wasn't listening though.

That gorgeous man I saw yesterday... was mute. I look back at the door before letting out a sigh. "Thanks for the tea... I think Im gonna go home and finish unpacking... You guys have a good day." I say to them before quickly exiting the shop.

816 words

A/N

Mmmm the ideas I have... 

Also we love how Wilbur just keeps running away.