Chapter 2

Entire chapter from Wilburs Pov

I finally got to the coffee shop. I had texted my boss to tell him I wasn't going to be at work for a 'family emergency'. Of course that was a lie but I really couldn't deal with that boring ass job today. Jack smiles as he spots me walk in and immediately goes to make my drink. In the past 3 years I've been coming here not once has he let me pay for my drinks.

I sigh and sign the words 'thank you before walking over to the corner booth where I always sit. I sit down and rest my head against the table. I can finally get some peaceful rest... even if Ill be hurting after this.. After about a solid 7 minutes of uninterrupted rest I feel a hand on my shoulder. I flinch and quickly sit up. It was her.

She smiled and looked down at the other side of the booth. I understand what she wanted so I gesture for her to sit. She smiles and slides into the booth, setting her hot chocolate next to my tea. She shakily signs "Hello 'W-i-l-b-u-r' how are you?". I laugh softly which causes her to frown."Did I sign it wrong?" She asks with a small embarrassed smile. I shake my head and smile. I pull out my notebook, something I learned to carry around in case I needed it, and began to write.

"No no Scarlet you didn't sign it wrong I just thought it was kinda cute how you spelled out my name so slowly." I slide it across the table. She looks down at the notebook, reading carefully. As she finishes she begins to blush a bit.

"Sorry I'm not really good at sign so I kinda hesitated. But you didn't answer my question. How are you? I'm not bothering you, am I?" She seemed to be getting more and more nervous. It was adorable. The way she got all shy and nervous, playing with the ends of her wavy black hair. I quickly grab for my notebook and begin to write again.

"I'm alright, just a bit tired. And you're not bothering me. I needed a bit of company. Also very sorry for our first two interactions. I shouldn't have run away but I got a bit nervous and well I was almost late to my job." I slide it back across the table and she smiles at me. I watch her as she picks up the notebook and begins to read. My eyes travel across her pale smooth skin, finally landing on her pale light green eyes.

"Oh no don't worry I didn't mind the whole running away thing... So um this may be a bit personal but why cant you speak." my smile drops as she asks. She quickly notices my discomfort on the subject. "Im sorry nevermind that's too personal... So um.. Could I maybe.. Get your number? You seem very interesting and I really wanna get to know you a bit more. Jack and Niki said you guys have been friends for a while and any friend of theirs is a friend of mine... sorry that sounds strange. Nevermind.. Ill go now." She goes to stand up. I quickly reach out and grab her hand tightly, shaking my head. I motion for her to sit back down, grabbing out my phone as I do so. I slide my phone over to her and she looks at me.

She takes my phone and puts her number in before handing it back to me. I smile and look down at the contact name. 'Starlight' With a few star emojis. I laugh softly and grab my notebook. I sign the words "goodbye star light." to her. She seemed to only understand the words 'goodbye' and 'light'. She nodded and waved at me as I left the cafe. "Bye Wilbur." she yelled out to me as I left.

I didn't want to cut our little conversation so short but I really needed to get home. I looked at the now very dark and cloudy sky. 'Shit... its gonna rain.' I think to myself as I quickly hurry back to my flat.

I quickly run into my flat as it begins to pour. I sign and drop down onto my couch. I hadnt even drank the tea.... It was still sitting on the table in the coffee shop. I grab out my phone and look at the contact, smiling softly. I decided to text him

Wilbur
Heyyy Scarlet. Its me Will.

I sit and wait for her to respond... no reply. I sigh after 10 minutes of waiting before dropping my phone on the floor and getting off the couch. I walk into the kitchen and begin to make myself food. I frown as I look at the things I had to eat. Ramen... I needed to go to the store and soon... maybe after it stopped raining.

I frown and grab a glass, filling it up with water before returning to the couch. I sat down and yawned. As soon as I sat down my phone buzzed. A text..

Starlight
Hey Wilbur! Did you get home safe? It started like pouring after you left. Hope u don't get sick.

I smile at the message, happy that someone even cares for my well being.
WilburI got home just before it rained so Im fine. Did you even make it out of the Coffee shop or are you still there right now?

Starlight
Still here. Jack and Niki said I can stay upstairs with them til it stops raining.

Wilbur
Oh good. Those two are great people. Very sweet friends.

We ended up texting for a few more hours before she said she had to leave to continue unpacking. She said she had been pushing it off for days and needed to finally finish it. I let out a happy little noise before putting my phone on the charger. I put the phone down on the nightstand and layed down in bed... god how had it already gotten so late. I let out a small sound before rolling over and hugging my pillow... Why was I acting like a little kid with a crush... and why was she all I could think about. I was excited... for the first time in forever I was excited about waking up the next morning. I couldn't wait to see her again..

A/N

mmmmmm okay Ima take this story in the opposite direction 
May make another mute wilbur story but yknow where he isnt mentally unstable..
Hope u enjoy reading this <3