4

Your POV

"Oh, you've really done it this time."

I rolled my eyes when that was the first thing I heard as I walked into Ethan's office.

My head was throbbing and I wasn't in the mood. Let's just say the vogue after party was the place to be last night.

"Can you yell at me quietly?" I asked him as I sat in a chair and pulled my hood over my head.

"You know TMZ reported on you this morning?"

"Sounds like it was all good things," I spoke sarcastically.

"Y/n Y/ln and Alissa Carington get into HEATED argument backstage at VMAs."

Oh, wait. What?

Honestly, I thought he was mad because of how hungover I was.

"That's what their name is?" I asked, finally being able to put a name to the person from last night.

"I told you that you have to be more careful about how you act in public, Y/n. This is exactly why."

He slid his phone over to me and I briefly looked over the TMZ article. There wasn't a video of anything. It was literally all word of mouth.

"They can't even prove that this really happened," I rolled my eyes and sat back in my chair again.

"It doesn't matter. People will believe literally anything. That's why we have to get ahead of it."

"What does that even mean?" I asked, pulling out my own phone to check the time.

9:38 am. Way too early to be getting yelled at by Ethan, but whatever.

"This isn't just a meeting between us," he said as he got up and walked around his desk. "Reneé Rapp and her manager will be here any minute now. You're going to apologize for getting into that altercation last night."

"I'd hardly call it an altercation."

This time it was his turn to roll his eyes.

"Why do I have to apologize? That's not going to take down the TMZ article."

"You have to apologize because the person you fought with is Reneé's girlfriend."

My mouth formed an o shape and, as if on cue, there was a knock on the office door. I didn't bother to turn around as I heard two sets of footsteps enter the room.

"Nice to see you again, Ethan," a man spoke as he approached my manger and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm Adam."

I finally looked up, shaking the man's outstretched hand before turning to the second new person in the room.

"Hey, again."

Reneé sent me a soft smile as she took a seat next to me.

"Hey."

"Before anything, Y/n has something to say."

Wow. Way to put me on the spot, dick head.

"I just want to apologize," I began, clasping my hands together on my lap. "I shouldn't have said anything last night."

I was confused when Adam started laughing. There was nothing funny about any of this.

"I think you might have misunderstood the reason I wanted to have this meeting," Adam said to Ethan. "I actually wanted to thank you."

"What?" Ethan questioned incredulously.

Oh, now I was interested in this meeting.