24

Your POV

I took a deep breath as I rose a hand to knock on the door in front of me.

"Come in!" Ethan called from inside.

I swung the door open and walked inside, letting it shut behind me.

"I didn't know you were coming in today," he spoke as he glanced to see who was walking in.

"I wasn't planning on it," I began as I sat down across from his desk. "Just wanted to say hey."

He looked up at me with a raised eyebrows before putting down his pen.

"What do you want?"

"Why do you assume that I want something?"

I did want something. We stared at each other silently for a few minutes. I didn't know what to say to break the silence.

"Just tell me what you want."

"Can I have a copy of the PR contract?"

He cocked his head with a questioning look on his face.

"Yea," he nodded, rolling his chair to a drawer and flipping through some files before pulling out a stack of paper. "This is actually your copy that you left the day you signed it."

Yea, I probably should've took that.

I reached out to take it from him and just as I was about to grab it he pulled it back. I should've known it wouldn't be that easy.

"Why do you need this?"

"Why do you always think I'm up to something?" I asked him.

"Because you are," he told me before handing me the contract. "Why do you need that?"

"My attorney wanted a copy for her records," I lied. "Apparently, she's got a copy of every piece of paper I've ever signed my name on, except for this one."

I didn't know if I actually had a reason to lie, but I also didn't want to get interrogated by him today. I had more important things to do.

"If she needs anything else she's got my number," Ethan laughed lightly. "She can just get it from me."

"I'll tell her that," I nodded at him before standing up and beginning to walk out of his office.

"Hey, Y/n?"

I froze at the door, turning over my shoulder to see what else he needed. I was just hoping he wasn't going to ask me any more questions.

"Can you and Reneé make an appearance tomorrow? Downtown LA? Maybe go to dinner?"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Yea, I'll let her know."

I closed the door behind me when I exited his office, pulling out my phone and clicking on one persons contact.

"Hello?"

"Hey," I greeted as I stepped into the elevator. "Can you come to mine?"

"Uh, yea," he asked as I heard him shuffling around on the other end. "What's up?"

"I need your help."

~*~*~

"So, what are we even looking for?" Bazzi asked as we sat in front of the stack of papers that were still sitting untouched on the coffee table.

"Honestly, I don't know," I admitted as I reached out and picked up the contract. "It's already overwhelming me."

I split the stack in half and tossed the bottom half on the coffee table.

"I guess, anything about breaking up? There's gotta be a loophole in here."

"A loophole that would allow you to not have to break up with your girlfriend in three weeks?"

"Yea, thanks for spelling it out. I totally wasn't trying to avoid saying that," I rolled my eyes as I started to scan the pages I was holding.

"Sorry," Bazzi laughed, standing up and walking out of sight.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I continued to read the contract.

"Getting your bong," he called back. "I don't read sober."

I wasn't going to argue with him. I needed a hit, too.

We spent hours in my living room flipping through the contract. This would probably be a lot easier if either of us were the tiniest bit educated in law.

Watching true crime and traffic stop cases on YouTube clearly hadn't provided me with any knowledge that would help me right now.

At this point, I was just about ready to give up.

"What about this section?" Bazzi asked as he sat up. "In the event that either party is to be incapable of press on the date designated to terminate the relationship publicly, both parties may agree upon another date to publicly terminate the relationship."

I furrowed my eyebrows at what he read out loud.

"What?" I asked as I sat up. "So, if I can't do press on the day we're supposed to end it we can both agree to push it back? What even qualifies as incapable of press?"

"Being in the hospital," Bazzi suggested. "I can hit you with my car if you want."

"This is fucking stupid," I laughed exasperatedly. "There's no loophole."

"I don't know if you've thought about this, but what about just asking your teams if you guys can like... not break up?"

"Yea, totally haven't thought about that," I said sarcastically as I tossed the papers I was holding onto the coffee table.

"The worst they can say is no."

"Yea, that's like the whole problem," I groaned.

Silence fell over us for a few minutes as we both got lost in our thoughts, trying to think of a solution to this problem. Our heads turned when there was a knock on the door.

"Who's that?"

"I don't know," I answered him as we heard the door handle jiggle before the person let themselves in. "Shit."

We both scrambled off of the couch to gather the pages of the contract as quickly as possible.

"You two are idiots," the person said as they stood watching us run around my living room. "What is all that?"

"God, Liv," I exhaled as I threw the pages back onto the coffee table. "I thought you were Reneé."

"She's got a key now?" She asked with a giggle. "You two are getting serious. Now, what's all the paper?"

"The publicity stunt contract," Bazzi answered whenever I didn't. "We're trying to find a loophole."

"Wow, that's why you asked me to bring food?" Olivia asked as she set the bag of takeout on the counter.

"You told her to come over?" I asked Bazzi. "Why were you helping me clean up if you knew it was her?"

"I forgot I texted her," he shrugged. "You jumped up so fast I didn't question it. I just started doing what you were doing."

I shook my head at him, hiding a laugh. I stood up and walked into the kitchen, giving Olivia a brief hug as I passed her.

"Thanks for the food," I told her appreciatively as I began opening the take out bag. "Are you going to stay and volunteer for the cause?"

"Well, I've got nothing else to do on a Friday night," she laughed. "Let's find a loophole.

~*~*~*~

Holy shit thanks for all the love I literally can't keep up LOL

I hope this chapter holds you guys over for a bit<3

Vote and comment I LOVE YOU