31

Your POV

"I'm so glad you two are back together. You were starting to bum me out," Bazzi spoke, making me glare at him from across the studio.

"Shut up," I shook my head, looking up when the door opened and Reneé walked in with a handful of snacks.

"I didn't know what you guys wanted, so I just got a sample platter," she giggled, tossing the snacks on a table before walking over to sit next to me.

"Thank you," I spoke, kissing her on the cheek before Bazzi jumped up to dig through the options.

"You should start bringing her to all of our studio sessions," Andrew suggested with a smirk as he opened a bag of sour patch kids. "Watch this."

Reneé and I both watched as he tossed one in the air and completely missed it, allowing it to hit the floor.

"Oh, yea. You're really good at that," I told him sarcastically as I picked it up and threw it back in his direction.

"I didn't want that one anyways. It was a yellow one."

"I see you guys made some progress," Reneé spoke, making me realize she was flipping through my journal.

"What if I had secrets in there?" I joked, making her giggle before she picked up my pen and started doodling. "You're the only person I would ever let draw in my journal."

She looked up at me with a million dollar smile and sent me a wink that made my stomach erupt into butterflies. It didn't matter how many times she did it, it always had the same effect on me.

"You know there was one good thing that came out of you being all sad last week," Andrew said from across the room, getting our attention.

"What?" I asked, genuinely confused about what he was talking about.

I wasn't confused for long, though. I caught a folder that he tossed my way right before it hit Reneé.

"Next time, throw better or hand it to me," I fussed before opening the folder to see it full of papers talking about studio times and artist credits. "What is this?"

"I'm putting DLMA on my album."

"You're fucking with me," I said as Reneé was now paying much more attention to our conversation.

"What's DLMA?" My girlfriend asked as Bazzi laughed at my shocked state.

"It means don't leave me alone," I explained to her before turning back to Bazzi. "You're actually putting in on your album?"

He nodded and I smiled before standing to give him a hug.

"Our first official collaboration," he told me with a big smile.

"Did you guys record a sample?" Reneé asked.

She wanted to hear it.

"We did," Bazzi confirmed and before I knew it he was sitting next to her on the couch about to play it for her.

Ooh, dont leave me alone tonight
Baby, I'm too weak to be here on my own again
Yeah

Reneé looked back at me as the song continued to play and I sent her a small smile.

"She's the second verse," Bazzi told her as the song played.

You know that you're the only heaven that I care to get in
And everyone around you pales in comparison
Tell me what it's gon' take, my dear
I'm half myself when you're not here
Let's go back to the start
I miss the rhythm of your beating heart
I'm broken either way
Just tell me that you'll stay (Stay)
'Cause, baby, you know you're so special

Even though Reneé wasn't looking at me, I could tell she was smiling. She knew who it was about. It wasn't much of a secret.

"You should release it as your first single off the album," Reneé suggested to Bazzi with a smile whenever the song was over. "Sounds like a hit to me."

"Maybe I will," he smiled and gave her a fist bump before sending me a wink. "I've got to get going though. Y/n, I'm going to assume you don't need a ride home."

"Nope," I confirmed as Reneé came over and sat right on my lap. "See you tomorrow."

He waved before the door shut behind him and my girlfriend turned to look at me.

"I like when you sing," she smiled, leaning in to peck my lips gently. "I wish you'd do it more often."

"I'm not a singer," I giggled. "It's fun every once in a while, though."

"Why don't you collaborate with me? We could put out a song together," she suggested with a smile as her eyes scanned my face.

I thought about it for a second, not wanting to get her hopes up if it wasn't something that would actually come to fruition.

"You know... I have solo studio time later this week. Why don't you come with me and we can work together? No pressure to come up with anything. We'll just go in and see what happens."

Her face lit up in a way I hadn't seen before when I said that.

"I'd love that."

"And I love you," I told her with a small smile, leaning in to kiss her lips softly.

"I love you, too."

~*~*~*~

Don't yell at me 🫣