22

Your POV

"Hey, are you ready?"

I nodded to Ethan as I stood up from where I was sitting in my dressing room. It was New Years Eve and I was exhausted. Right after Christmas they flew me to New York and for the past week it's been nothing but meetings and rehearsals.

"They want you upstairs so they can shoot a quick teaser for your performance."

I just nodded as I rubbed my eyes and followed him. The shot was quick. All they needed was me to look like I was getting my mic pack set up.

Everything in this industry was so fake it was actually laughable.

"Cut. You're good, Y/n. Thank you."

I sent him a nod as I went to take a sip of my water. Honestly, I was ready for this night to be over. It's not that I wasn't grateful for an opportunity like this, I just missed my bed and my girlfriend.

Mostly my girlfriend.

We had spent Christmas with our respective families, which meant I hadn't seen her in a few weeks.

We talked daily, but it wasn't the same as being together physically. This is why I was never a fan of long distance relationships. I'm too much of a physical touch person for that.

I was hoping we'd get to be together for New Years, but no matter how hard we tried to make that happen it ended up not being possible. The plan was to see her whenever I got back to Los Angeles tomorrow, so I was excited about that.

"You look tired."

I turned when I heard someone behind me.

"I am," I answered when I confirmed that the person was in fact talking to me. "I haven't seen you in a while. How are you?"

The short, blonde girl stepped up to give me a hug before answering my question.

"I'm doing good. How are you?"

"I'm great," she smiled a bright smile at me. "Where's Reneé? I figured you two would be here together."

"Schedules didn't align," I shrugged and she nodded in understanding.

"I know that feeling. I can't wait to watch you perform later."

We continued to talk for a few more minutes before someone behind her was calling her name.

"I won't hold you up," I told her, giving her another hug.

"We should hang next time we're both in LA," Sabrina said before backing away. "Good luck tonight!"

I waved goodbye to her and continued back to my dressing room. I had another hour or so before I went on, so maybe I could get a nap in.

I rubbed my eyes as I entered the dressing room, giving them a second to refocus as I saw someone was sitting on the couch facing away from me. For a second, I thought I was in the wrong dressing room, until they turned around.

"No fucking way," I smiled as I walked over to her. "When did you get here?"

"Like an hour ago," she giggled, pulling me into a huge hug. "I missed you so much."

We stayed in each other's embrace for what was probably ten minutes straight. When we pulled back she met me halfway for a slow kiss.

"Surprise."

I laughed as I sat down on the couch, tugging her down next to me.

"You look tired," she spoke as she rubbed her thumb against my cheek. "Have you been sleeping?"

"No," I giggled, but it was really to hide how exhausted I was. "I've been up all night thinking about how much I missed you."

She rolled her eyes in amusement at my slick comment.

"As soon as you're done performing you're going to bed," she shook her head.

"Well, now that's you're here I wasn't planning on getting any sleep."

I watched her cheeks tint red at my comment. She was never good at hiding her blush.

"We can have sex literally any other night. Tonight you sleep," she told me before planting a chaste kiss on my lips.

I didn't argue with her, because I knew I would probably fall asleep as soon as I got to the hotel anyways. We sat there catching up and cuddling until Ethan came in to let me know I needed to head to the stage.

"Do you need anything, Reneé?" He asked before turning to leave.

"I'm okay. Thank you, Ethan."

"I'll see you two upstairs."

"He doesn't even ask me if I need anything," I said, feigning offense.

"You know, he's the one who scheduled my flight," she told me as we began walking to the stage, hand in hand.

"You're telling me he did something nice for you?" I asked, earning a smack on the shoulder.

"More like he did something nice for you. He said you would perform better if I was around."

I hid a smile as we continued to walk. I knew he loved me a little bit.

"He also said it would be good publicity for us to be seen together on New Years Eve, but let's focus on the other part."

Yea, I knew it was too good to be true.

When we got to the stage I turned towards my girlfriend so I could properly talk to her.

"You'll be here when I get off stage, right? You're not going to run off on me?" I asked jokingly, pecking her lips between questions.

"I'll be right here," she laughed, pulling me into a brief hug. "Waiting for my New Years kiss."

I smiled brightly at what she said.

"I can't wait."

~*~*~*~

This is kind of short I'm sorry but I hope you guys like it anyways trying to get through this fluff so I can write some drama because that's the fun part AHAHA

love u hope you're doing great

Vote and comment I love reading your comments you guys are so fucking funny