Chapter 66 The Integration Process

Three days quickly passed by, as the big day of awakening ended up on a successful note without any hiccups.

8 juniors managed to awaken successfully after surviving the excruciating agony of the process. Some were known to have higher chances to awaken like Noah, Kenny, Olivia, and Sarah, while some managed to awaken out of nowhere, surprising the elders and their peers.

Jackson Maxwell was of them. A fog element user with the Spectral Owl bloodline.

No one believed that he was going to awaken successfully, as he fainted throughout the entire mock practice. Regardless, he didn't give up on awakening for real, and the elders weren't allowed to take his bloodline unless he explicitly agreed to give up.

Thus, they could only watch him risk his life, knowing that his chances were null. After all, he failed the mock practice miserably, it was only natural to assume that he was going to fail the awakening as well.

However, he defied everyone's expectations when he managed to remain conscious throughout the entire process.

When the elders asked him how he felt, he answered that it wasn't as bad as what he experienced in the mock practice. In fact, he wasn't the only one who said so, as the rest of the juniors who awakened successfully with him mentioned the same.

From this, the elders and seniors of those juniors realized that Felix and Charlotte were right in their tough handed approach.

It was much better to make the mock practice have the same difficulty as the real awakening during the last 5 days, as even if the juniors failed the practice, they would still have experienced the real awakening, and wouldn't be blindsided during the real test.

Not to mention, the casualties were at the bare minimum, since the majority of the juniors decided to give up after realizing that it was impossible for them to even survive the first 5 minutes of awakening, based on their mock practice results.

The only ones who went for awakening were the juniors who either succeeded in the mock practice or at least survived the first 10 minutes before passing out.

Due to those significant results, Felix earned some brownies from the parents of those children after saving their lives indirectly by his awakening practice approach.

But Felix didn't give a crap about their gratitude, as he saved them in the first place only because he had nothing to lose, and it wasn't much of an effort. Otherwise, he wouldn't even bother.

....

Currently, on the 35th Floor, Felix stood together with the 8 awakened juniors.

Some of them received easily noticeable mutations.

Such as Olivia who had a small growing yellow lily flower on the top of her head, making her cuteness reach a new level. However, the elders and Felix merely sighed after seeing this mutation happen to her during the awakening, as they knew that it wasn't possible anymore to pat her head!

The gentle-looking Flower acted like a protective helmet for Olivia, and she couldn't get any happier about it.

Then there was Kenny who received a somewhat low key mutation, as dark shades covered both of his eyes, making him even harder to read.

Meanwhile, some did not undergo any mutation at all, as they remained exactly the same. Just like Noah, nothing changed about him or added.

But, it was understandable since not everyone could receive mutations from an awakening with just 1%.