𝟎𝟏𝟑. The start

My Arabic teacher is so funny he made this whatsapp group w my mom and me cus he likes talking to us😭 Im getting a nose piercing in a week im so excited!!!

A soft smile formed on Clara's lips, as it pulled the corners of her mouth up and curled them. "Oh.. So, all the times you had to leave so suddenly and came back with scratches, that was because you had to do Prowler things..?"

"Yeah." Now, Miles' tone sounded confident. The smile on his roommate's face didn't exactly give him the impression she didn't like the idea of him being the Prowler, but exactly the opposite. Clara actually looked fairly happy.

She nodded, kind of impressed that Miles was able to hide it. Or better said, avoid the conversation, as Clara'd been suspicious of him for a while. Her roommate, one of her best friends, was the Prowler. The Prowler who'd killed a man just a day prior. The Prowler who's taken people hostage for unknown reasons. The Prowler who constantly commits crimes, and hurts people. But, for some reason, it didn't bother Clara at all. If he wanted to ever hurt Clara, he would've done it already. Besides, his pattern of committing crimes pointed to the fact he'd only hurt people who did worse things than him — people like Chuck, assaulters. —

While she took a deep breath and leaned back against the couch, Clara nodded again, letting her thoughts go wild for a moment before calming herself down, and talking again. "So, just to be clear, here. You only hurt people that hurt people without any reason?"

Once again, Miles nodded proudly. He felt like being the Prowler was something he was extremely proud of but couldn't share, so having his roommate know his secret really made him feel relieved. "Exactly. Like what you said a couple weeks ago. Right idea, wrong execution. In your eyes. I don't regret any of the shit I've done." He chuckled, a sly grin overtaking his smile.

"Hm." Clara smiled, as Lia crawled onto her lap and wrapped her little kid arms around her. "I think it's kinda cool that I'm living with the Prowler. What's even cooler is, I can be Spiderman— Actually, Spiderwoman! You can teach me, right? I can help you and Aaron continue doing what you do, but in a way that's.. More legal!" Excitedly smiling up at Miles, she pulled Lia into a position that was more comfortable, just in between her and Miles.

That sentence made Miles freeze up a bit, as he didn't expect Clara to want to help him, especially since he didn't want her to. "No. That's not happening. You can pretend to be the hero everyone'll love, but you ain't helping me."

"Why not? I'm gonna do something with this ability, Miles. Whether you like it or not." She shrugged, half frowning at Miles while letting Lia play with her bracelets and rings. When he didn't reply for a little while, she rolled her eyes and stood up, taking Lia with her. "Are you really not gonna let me help?" Looking down at the black haired guy to her left, she raised both her brows, waiting for an answer.

As he slowly started shaking his head, a slight frown made its way onto Miles' face. Did he just ruin a fun moment? "The shit me and uncle Aaron do is dangerous, you're way too inexperienced." Miles sighed, as Clara rolled her eyes at him in a sassy manner.

"Well, I'm never gonna be experienced enough if I don't try. But have it your way then, whatever." She scoffed, walking into her room and closing the door behind her and Lia.

Soon, Miles heard her rummaging through stuff while quietly talking to herself, but he just assumed she was trying to come to terms with the fact she wasn't gonna be able to be the Spiderwoman people see in comics. When, in actuality, she was trying to find her sewing machine and some cloth she knew she had left from a project of a year ago.

(Is my grammar correct???)

But, after a while of trying the find the second color of fabric she wanted, she felt like it was taking too long, and so did Lia. She was constantly pulling Clara's leg, blabbering about bed and sleep. So, Clara quickly changed her diaper, put her in her sleeping clothes and put her to sleep. Then, she grabbed her phone and searched for the most nearby fabric stores that were still open, as it was after dinner time.