xChapter 57 - Paranormal Hijinks (2)

In the dark classroom on the second floor of Starlight High, the remaining kids are crowded around the small wooden Ouija board. All of them have different reactions; Bennet is frightened, Christopher is unnerved, Hamster is scared, Rebecca is nervous, Alex is annoyed, X is straight-faced, & Marcus is excited.

"You're the resident ghost guy, how's this work?" Rebecca asks.

"Well first you put your middle and index fingers on the planchette," Marcus says.

"The what?"

"The chip-looking thing," Marcus says, "that's how we can communicate with the ghosts. It essentially acts as the doorway for them."

Marcus, Rebecca, X, Alex, Christopher, & Hamster follow the instructions while Bennet tries to place their paw on the planchette.

"Okay, now what?" Alex asks unphased.

"Well I'll be the spokesperson, so I'll ask them a question," Marcus says before clearing his throat, "If there are any spirits here, can you please tell us your name?"

The planchette doesn't move as everyone just sits there.

"See, I knew this was just a piece of junk," Rebecca remarks.

"Oh really? How come you were scared to use it?" X teases.

As Rebecca is about to retort his claim, the planchette begins to slide across the wooden board, passing by several letters, before landing on 'O'.

"D-did you guys move it?" Christopher asks, concerned.

The planchette then glides across the board before landing on 'U'.

"Who the fuck has the name Ou?" Alex asks.

"Don't insult the ghost!" Marcus says, "And it isn't done, yet."

The planchette once again moves across the board before landing on 'I'.

"O-U-I?" Rebecca asks befuddled.

"Oh dear god, it's French!" Alex jokingly remarks.

The planchette then moves onto another letter on the board, 'J'. Bennet is the first one to realize what the name is and his little hamster eyes widen in horror.

Finally, the planchette moves onto the final letter, 'A'. With the question now fully answered, everyone in the room is silent, all not knowing how to react.

"Y'know, if nobody is gonna say anything then I'll ask it something, why are you doing this?" X asks.

Marcus groans as the planchette begins to move.

"X why?" Marcus groans as the planchette goes from letter to letter.

"What did I do wrong?" X asks as the planchette goes from letter to letter.

"You're only supposed to ask simple questions," Marcus explains as the planchette goes from letter to letter.

"Why?" X asks as the planchette goes from letter to letter.

"Because this thing only does one letter at a time, it's gonna go on forever!" Marcus sighs as the planchette goes from letter to letter.

"Oh, my bad," X says as the planchette goes from letter to letter.

"This is not the ghost we're supposed to be messing with," Alex complains as the planchette goes from letter to letter.

"Who's to say someone is just pushing the planchette and not telling us?" Rebecca suggests as the planchette goes from letter to letter.

"Did you not just read what the planchette said the ghost's name was, I'm not taking any chances with a thing that got a board named after it," Alex says as the planchette goes from letter to letter.