06. train tracks

Chapter Six.                                      06
( that won't save us! ) ━━━━━━━━
TRAIN TRACKS

                                      06( that won't save us! ) ━━━━━━━━↳ TRAIN TRACKS ↲

❝ BECAUSE, IT'S YOU.

↢ ❦ ↣

USED TO THIS
camila cabello

i'll say your name, just listen
doesn't it sound different?
never whispered it this way
oh, it's going to take me a minute
but I could get used to this
i feel it in your fingertips
the feeling of another kiss

0:46 ────────── 3:31
II

↢ ❦ ↣

     MARA watched Thomas from afar pace back and forth with a worried hand covering his mouth. He looked like he was trembling with the way his hand shook. He thought no one was watching him when he dropped down to the ground and curled up into a ball holding himself tightly as he let tears fall.

    It was a heartbreaking sight to see. Mara knew, Thomas blamed all of this on himself. They shared that in common. Both always blamed themselves for the actions of others even though they had no control over it. But doesn't everyone have that in common? Everyone ends up blaming themselves.

     Frypan blamed himself. He blamed himself on the fact that he didn't think Rosie would ever get hurt or worse, get taken. He blamed himself on the fact that he couldn't help Minho.

    Newt blamed himself. He blamed himself for the fact that he hadn't been more attentive to where Rosie was. Because if he had, he might have gone to her first instead of finding somewhere to hide. Maybe then, at least she would have still been with them. Maybe, if he hadn't run past Minho, maybe he would have picked up a shotgun on the ground and helped his friend from getting taken.

     Brenda blamed herself. She blamed herself on the fact that she was so laser focused on Thomas being safe, she didn't see the bullet coming for Rosie. Maybe, just maybe, if she looked a little bit to the left she could've stopped Janson from firing the gun. And she felt the guilt on her chest because Rosie fought for her to stay alive. And this is how she repays? By letting her get shot and taken away?

     Jeremy blamed himself. He couldn't save any of the girls he cared about the most. He couldn't save his sister from a deadly bullet. He couldn't save Mariana from getting tazed and dragged inside the berg. He hadn't even been aware that Rosie had been shot until he saw her getting carried into the berg. He wanted to fight and get her out of there, but he couldn't. There was no way fast enough to reach her before the berg lifted up in the air and left.