10. a needed break

Chapter Ten.                            10
( that won't save us! ) ━━━━━━━━
A NEEDED BREAK

                                        10( that won't save us! ) ━━━━━━━━↳ A NEEDED BREAK ↲

❝ TELL THAT TO YOUR FRIENDS!

↢ ❦ ↣

HOW TO SAVE A LIFE
the fray

between the lines of fear and blame
you begin to wonder why you came
where did i go wrong?
i lost a friend
somewhere along in the bitterness
and i would have stayed up with you all night
had i known how to save a life

0:32 ────────── 4:22
II

↢ ❦ ↣

     HER HAND MOVED to cover her own mouth as a quiet giggle left her lips. She watched the boy across from her try to push the other boy out of the circle but was failing miserably. He didn't have much strength compared to the older and skilled boy. There was no way the skinny boy was going to be able to overpower the boy double his weight. Still, the weak boy continued not giving up without at least giving his all in the fight. It didn't take that long till the bigger boy drop kicked him and won the round.

     "I bet you a can of beans that the next guy will take Daryl down." Frypan proposed as he sat down next to his newfound friend, Brenda.

     The girl furrowed her eyebrows pondering for a few seconds about the bet. Brenda nodded shaking Frypan's hand, "deal."

      "Please! I'll bet y'all my dinner plate." A familiar British accent interrupted the pair as he approached them sitting down next to Frypan. "Fry, you're so going to lose! Have you not watched the last four rounds? You're mad!"

     "I believe in him!" Frypan exclaimed.

      "Who even is next?" Brenda questioned before her jaw dropped as she watched her father figure stepping into the circle. "What is he doing?!"

     Frypan snickered.

     "Is that even allowed?" Newt questioned pointing at Jorge now realizing that there's a big chance Frypan could win. "An old man against a teenager?! That has to be illegal! Bet's off!" Newt exclaimed shaking his head.

      "Oh hell no! Y'all shook my hand!" Frypan stated. "I'm already picturing an extra dinner plate with a side of beans."