8- Approval

Aru's Pov:

It's the next morning and I haven't slept since 3am today as I jolted out from my nightmare which said I was married to a monster and he started abusing me physically. I was tied like a dog and wasn't allowed to continue my education anymore. It scared the shit out of me but a breathe of relief formed as I realised it was just a bad dream.

It's 6am right now and I have just been intensely thinking since then. I need to give some answer. Anxiety rushes at just thinking about it but I remind myself that I've no other choice. I proceed to fresh up and then meet my parents. I look at myself in bathroom mirror and I almost flinched in horror. I look like Emily the Corpse Bride but only the bridal costume is missing. My eyes puffy, lips and face swollen, hair like a nest & body sore.

The entire family was sitting in hall staring at walls and it's odd cause there always used to be noise between our four walls but just not today. I notice the plates on the breakfast table are still placed there.

"Didn't you all have breakfast today?" I ask in a normal tone as if nothing ever happened just few hours back. But I only get silence as response, as expected!

"Whoever wants to give me company to eat can sit next to me" I say and proceed to eat.

All of them joined me and I give them a smile while they still look lifeless. I know how bad it is for them more than me and somewhere I'm guilty for everything that's happening. My dad gently strokes my hair while we eat and I almost let out a sob but I was strong enough to cover it off with chewing.

"Papa.."

"I approve this proposal. You can call and tell them we accepted it" that's it. It's over. My life won't be the same anymore. It took everything in me to say those words. Before he starts to speak anything I continue to say "No. I don't want any second thoughts on my decision. I've thought about it and that is a right decision to take right now. Don't worry I've not decided it out of vulnerability. It actually makes sense they said they'd take care of me and also provide education with or without free of cost, on the other hand your job will be with you so will our beautiful home. I can't let us loose everything because of me papa" I lie every word that I truly feel just trying to keep my cool. I want to scream out saying I don't want this marriage but I can't. I'm helpless. My hands are tied and I've never felt so weak.

"I'm sorry my strong girl" My father immediately hugs me crying like a baby while stroking the back of my head with his one hand. A tear escapes my eyes. My other family members join & it turns out to be the family hug.

****
"Hello! May I talk to Mr Adani?" My dad asks in a gentle tone while the call was on speaker.

"And who are you? Mr Adani's PA talking this side" A young voice comes from the other side of the call who is supposed be their personal assistant as he later mentioned. "I'm Nitesh Sharma"

"Hello Mr Sharma, how have you been?" Immediately the call is lifted by Mr Adani and the audacity to ask my dad's well-being? An incredulous laugh leaves me lips.

"I'm good sir. We're here to tell our word regarding the proposal" my dad looks at me with helpless eyes and it breaks me

"Please continue.." he insists

"We.. we approve it.. sir. We are willing to keep our.. daughter in your hands" he says which almost came like whisper and my heart sinks

"I'm so happy your daughter took the right decision Mr Sharma. I promise you, we will take care of her as delicate as a flower. Congratulations, you're going to become a father-in-law soon Mr Sharma! And please don't be so formal, you can call me by my name. My PA will email the details of my son so your family can look into it" He says in a polite tone. I still can't believe this.