busan

"You could just park in the garage," Jeongguk yawns, jumping out of the car.

It's literally the crack of fucking dawn.

"You won't take long," Jimin says, adjusting his sunglasses. "Besides, I'm not sure how good of an idea it is for us to be seen together here."

Jeongguk shifts his weight, nodding. It's probably not the best of ideas for Jimin to park the car in their garage, hence why he parked all the way down the street.

"But you literally parked in front of my building the other day," Jeongguk points out.

Jimin sighs, and Jeongguk can tell he's rolling his eyes even through his sunglasses.

"That's different, Jeongguk-ah," he says. "It was a Thursday and I was giving you files. I could have just been giving you something related to the divorce case. And we didn't drive off together. It's different now. It's the weekend and I don't want anything or any _ one _ to tick my mother off. She did use to live here, after all."

"Fair enough," Jeongguk finally agrees, not pressing any further. "I'll try and hurry up." 

When Jeongguk enters his apartment, he feels just a little out of breath. He needs to pack an overnight bag because he and Jimin are going to Busan, and the thing is — Jeongguk still has no idea why. Jimin told him to trust him, and Jeongguk is trying to do exactly that.

He's almost surprised to see his father sprawled across the couch and eating breakfast once he walks in, even though he shouldn't be, considering his father's always been an early riser — even on the weekends.

"Jeonggukie," he calls, eyes shifting away from the TV, eyebrows raised in surprise. "I thought you were sleeping."

"I didn't even come home last night," Jeongguk mumbles, his heart racing. It's so juvenile, considering he's thirty years old and it's not like he snuck out, but considering what he's been doing and who's been doing _ him, _ he can't help it. "Speaking of which. I won't be home today or, uh — tonight. Actually, I won't be back until tomorrow night."

He hates lying to his dad, hates going behind his back with the _ enemy, _ but it was all so he could get answers. Or that's what he's still telling himself.

"Oh?" His father's eyes sparkle in an unusual manner and he perks up, setting his bowl on the coffee table. "Where are you going?"

"Countryside," Jeongguk says without blinking, crossing his arms over his chest as he carefully studies the way his father moves. Considering they've been spending these past weekends together and Jeongguk was making an effort, he was expecting his dad to at least look a _ little... _ not upset per se, but _ something. _ He definitely wasn't expecting him to look... almost excited.

Something twists deep in Jeongguk's gut, but he can't really tell why. All he knows is that something feels a little off, but he doesn't have the time to figure it out. He needs to pack his shit and go back to meet Jimin, it's almost eight and there's a six hour drive ahead of them. He leans against the door of his room as he closes it and takes a deep breath, eyes fluttering shut.

Something is off, Jeongguk _ knows _ it, but all that floods his mind the second he's alone is the image of Jimin with a blindfold, the image of Jimin sleeping next to him, looking all soft and fucking _ pretty _ while he's curled up next to him and all Jeongguk could feel was content.

Even this morning, when Jeongguk woke up before Jimin had with his heart pounding heavily in his chest because he just didn't know what the fuck it was that they did last night, he was so quick to calm down once he felt Jimin's arm draped over his waist. It was so ridiculous — he woke up in a state of panic, confused as to what everything they _ said _ to each other the night before meant, and his first instinct was to run.