mind

"You're fine," Seokjin says as he finishes wrapping up the bandages, careful not to hurt him.

"Nothing's broken."

"Hurts like a bitch though," Jeongguk sighs, slightly wincing when Seokjin drops his hand onto his lap. His knuckles stopped bleeding a while ago, and now his whole entire hand throbbed so badly, Jeongguk could barely move it. "I could have sworn I heard something crack when I punched that goddamn wall." "Of course you heard something crack. It was  _ the wall,"

Seokjin grimaces and closes the first aid kit, falling back into the couch as he tentatively looks over at him. "The drugs will kick in any second."

Jeongguk sure hopes they do. Now that he wasn't running on adrenaline anymore, the pain was so uncomfortable that Jeongguk couldn't think about anything else. In a way, the pain was a good distraction — for the time being. He just felt  _ exhausted.

They didn't see Jimin again as they headed out through the back door — just making sure Jeongguk didn't run into his father at the event and caused an  _ actual  _ scene. Now, they were at Seokjin's house, a completely neutral territory, one place where there's no people around who could make either Jeongguk or Namjoon lose their shit.

Or, most importantly, just Jeongguk.

His phone vibrates in the pocket of his pants again and Jeongguk clicks his tongue and takes it out, stomach tightening when he sees Jimin's name written on the display.  _ Again.  _ He waits for his phone to stop ringing and watches as the number of missed calls from him goes from four to five before he shoves it back into his pocket.

There's no way Jeongguk can deal with Jimin right now. He can't think about anything else other than the fact that they had  _ nothing,  _ literally  _ nothing  _ substantial that would be useful in court, nothing that would win them the case or at least push it in that direction.

They were back to square one at best, and all Jeongguk could think about was the fact that there was no prenup, and all of the money his father was going to lose if they didn't think of  _ something.

"What's Namjoon doing?" Jeongguk stares down at his bandaged hand, only slightly feeling the pain relief.

Seokjin sighs, shrugging.

"I don't know," he says, glancing over to the direction of his room to which Namjoon has disappeared to over half an hour ago. "Probably trying to figure out what your options are."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes, wincing as his head slightly spins at the sudden movement. His eyelids feel a bit droopy and it's probably the drugs kicking in and honestly — maybe it's good to feel a little lightheaded. To feel like there's not tons and tons of weight pressing down to his chest and shoulders, and maybe, even though it isn't the time, he can relax.

Just for a little bit.

He yawns even though he's not sleepy, and Seokjin shoots him a worried look, reaching out to gently squeeze at his thigh. God, Jeongguk feels  _ exhausted.  _ He's not even sure if it's the painkillers or just everything piled up, but he's so, so tired.

Of everything. Of his father, of this whole entire situation, but mostly — he's tired of himself. He's tired of constantly feeling like he needs to prove something to himself, he's tired of feeling like he constantly has to one-up Jimin, he's tired of feeling things he has no idea how to deal with or express, and he's fucking tired of being such a  _ mess.

A part of Jeongguk things that this is his fault too — it's karma for fucking with the enemy, for falling for the opposite counsel. It's pointless even denying that there's feelings, and Jeongguk thinks it could also be karma that he hasn't even tried hard enough. It's probably karma for everything that he'd ever done wrong.