1: The Kazoku

PSA: I love Japanese culture and have full respect for it. I'm currently learning Japanese so writing this story is a great way for me to practice while also learning new things. If you are fluent in Japanese, at any moment you feel like I have used the wrong Japanese term, please let me know. I would appreciate your feedback because I am still learning and I apologize in advance. Thank you guys so much for your interest and support for my story! <3
__________________________

"Ughhh.. ughhh. I can't do this!" Minori screams in pain as sweat drips down her face.

"パパ (papa)! What's wrong with お母さん (o-ka-a-san: mother)?" 5 year old Fuyuko asks her father Hiroshi.

"Everything will be alright Fuyuko. Go wait outside please." Hiroshi instructs leading her out of the room. Fuyuko is still confused yet she already feels like her whole world is about to change. She starts to feel the green yokai (demon) of jealousy grabbing her by the throat. She throws a tantrum as Hiroshi hands her over to the nanny. The nanny keeps Fuyuko in the corner of the room so she doesn't feel left out.

"It's too much! I CAN'T DO THIS!" Minori hollers out in pain. Hiroshi runs to her side.

"You have to. You must do this, for the family." Hiroshi encourages grabbing onto Minori's hand and wiping away her sweat. Feeling more confident now Minori gives one last strong push and moments later hears the cries of a strong vocal baby.

"おめでとうございます (o-me-de-to go-za-i-masu : Congratulations)! It's a boy!" The midwife screams with joy.

Minori breaks out in tears knowing that she has fulfilled her duty as the wife of Hiroshi Sato, the richest man in all of Japan. After cleaning the baby, the midwife hands the newborn to Hiroshi. Hiroshi looks at his son, feeling very proud of what he and his wife have created together.

Smiling ear to ear Hiroshi states, "We shall name you Koji, using the kanji for 'happiness, good luck 幸 and boss 司'. Koji 幸司, my son, you will be the greatest of us all."

Fuyuko becomes enraged seeing all the affection her papa is giving to this new stranger. Fuyuko screams running towards Koji frantically. "I hate you! That's my papa!" Fuyuko yells hitting the newborn Koji.

Blinded by anger Hiroshi slaps Fuyuko across her face. "You are to never lay hands on the next heir of the Sato family! This is your brother, you will show him respect!" Hiroshi yells. Fuyuko bursts into tears holding her poor little cheek. Fuyuko so enraged made a vow to herself. "I will become the next heir and take my brother's place. Then I'll have papa all to myself."

20 years later...

"Sorry to interrupt sir but we have arrived." My driver states opening my door to let me out. I remove my lips from around the neck of the girl who was sitting beside me. I was a little annoyed that he interrupted but I knew this meeting that I was supposed to attend was important to my father and I couldn't miss it.

"Where are we?" I ask annoyed.

"We're at L'Effervescence restaurant in Tokyo sir." My driver says bowing as I exit the vehicle.

Though this meeting was important to my father, I could care less about it. Since the day I was born I've been groomed to take my dad's place as head of the Sato family. I don't know what else I would do with my life but I feel like there is more to life than just money and power. The thing is I just haven't found what that thing is yet. Lately I've been feeling pretty lonely, my sister hates me and is always trying to find new ways to impress my father. My father is so concerned with grooming me to become the next head of the Sato family that he forgets to be an actual father somethimes. While my mother acts as if everything is okay but I feel like she's hiding a lot from me nowadays.