2: Catching Flights Not Feelings

Naleia's POV

"Naleia hurry your ass up or you're going to miss your flight!" My mother yells from the front door. I was in the bathroom giving my makeup some finishing touches. I take a quick selfie of myself.

"Naleiaaaa!!" My mom yells again

"Naleiaaaa!!" My mom yells again. I grab my makeup bag and make my way towards the front door of my childhood home. I take my suitcases and head outside to put them into the car.

I stare up at the sky trying to imagine myself in Japan. Not going to lie I feel a little uneasy about leaving my home and going all the way across the world away from my family. But I also can't wait to see what's in store for me in Japan. I know sometimes I can get shy but I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone when I get to Japan. Mhm, watch out Japan because Naleia Williams is coming to town and no man in Japan is safe. Ugh, Asian men are just so fine!

*Boop*

"Ouch! Mom why did you hit me in the head." I say rubbing the back of my head.

"You were daydreaming again. Probably about boys and you have a flight to catch! So get your booty into this car and let's go." My mom says getting into the car. I roll my eyes shut the trunk of the car and get into the passenger seat. The drive to the airport went faster than expected. Maybe it was the fear kicking in but I wish that the drive was longer and that I had more time with my mom. My mother helps me get my suitcases out of the car and looks at me with tears already in her eyes. I tried to hold back my tears but before I knew it they had already started falling. I couldn't help it, I'm such a crybaby.

"Don't let anyone push you around over there. You show them who Naleia Williams is! I'm so proud of you babygirl." My mother cries.

"Thank you for always supporting my dreams. I couldn't have done this without you and God." I thank her and start my long walk towards the plane. Customs was hectic, especially being this was my first time on an airplane. After getting lost twice, I finally boarded my plane and took my seat. After a couple of minutes, the plane took off into the air. My anticipation started building up the closer I got to Japan.

______________________

"Excuse me."

"Mmm, that's right Kota Miura beat this pu..."

"Excuse me! Ma'am!"

"Huh! Oh my god, where am I?" I ask waking up from my dream.

"Sorry ma'am but the plane has arrived in Tokyo." The flight attendant informs me.

"Ah, すみません (su-mi-ma-sen : Sorry)." I apologize to the flight attendant. I collect my things and exit the plane. I look around for my friend Jaime. She's supposed to be meeting me at the airport to help me but I can't find her anywhere. After walking past the same terminal 4 times I finally find Jaime. She was taking pictures in front of some windows. Jaime has been my friend since I was in high school. We met online and have been friends ever since. Jaime is 24 years old, just 4 years older than me. She's the daughter of a Chinese billionaire, I forget what her father does. We've met in person multiple times and every time has been a life-changing experience. We're always getting into something when we're together.

"I've missed you." Jaime says bringing me into her embrace.

" Girl I thought you were going to meet me as soon as I got off the plane?" I ask.

"You know I had to take some pictures for my Instagram. I can not let my followers miss a fire outfit." She giggles. I shake my head and grab her arm as we both head towards the exit of the airport.

"Oh snap, I forgot my suitcases." I say hitting the side of my head. I was so excited that I forgot all about them.

"Don't worry about them Leia, I'll have my driver get them for us." Jaime says as we climb into the back seat of her car. The car ride to campus felt long as hell but we finally made it safely to campus. Sophia University is the oldest Catholic university in Japan, located in the heart of Tokyo. Sophia established itself as the leading institution for scholarships and foreign languages and literature in Japan. I wasn't picky when it came to choosing which university I wanted to attend while I studied abroad. As long as I got accepted into one, I was happy and ready to live in Japan as long as I could. Jaime helps me with my suitcases and takes me to the dorm that we are going to share for the rest of the fall semester.

"I can't believe I'm actually in JAPANNNN!" I squeal flopping on my new bed for the fall. "And I get to spend the whole semester with you as well. Ekkk this is a great year!" I squeal again.

"I can't wait to show you around. I love Japan, especially the FASHION ekk!" Jaime says now starting to squeal as well.

"Well, I better set up my bed for the night, so I can get some rest. That flight from Atlanta was very long and I'm exhausted." I explain while fixing my bedsheets and comforter.

"Yeah girl, I feel you. I'm going to just chill on my phone for a bit while you work on that." Jaime says lying down in her bed. Once I completed fixing up my bed, I lay down for the night. Jaime had already fallen asleep in her bed, I don't know how she can fall asleep at the drop of a hat but she does it every time. I lay down in my bed staring at the ceiling. I'm finally where I've always wanted to be. I can't wait to see what new things I will learn in Japan. I'm so happy right now, this is a dream come true. Before I knew it, I felt myself drifting off to dreamland.

________________

Thank you for reading my story, I really appreciate all the love and support! I know it's going a little slow right now but I promise it will pick up in the next chapter. It has been a long time since I've written anything so I'm a little rusty but I feel as though I'm getting back into the swing of things. Again, thank you all so much ;)