who is bella swan?

"No and thats what I'm saying, like why does she think its okay to just barge in and talk to someone like that? It was really rude"

Lori was currently leaned over her desk whispering to Alice about something that had happened in the hallway on her way to calculus. The two girls probably shouldn't be sharing a table, or sitting anywhere near each other because they were just as bad as each other when it came to gossip.

"well did you think it was rude cause of what was said? or the way it was said?" Alice asked her. "Cause you never know she could've said 'thats not what i meant' but really said 'thats not what i meant' y'know?"

"I know!" Lori exclaimed in shock.

Both Lori and Alice were quickly silenced by their teacher Mrs Davenport, who Lori was convinced just hated everybody, she had never seen the older woman smile, Not even on the last day of school, Lori huffed silently and turned back to her work.

Differential calulus sucked, Lori concluded as the lesson continued to drag on, however she found she was quite good at it and in the end she had decided to just push on with the class. In what world would she ever need to know what the derivative of sin(x) was? Lori couldn't answer that. Nevertheless the high marks she got in the class definitely boosted not only her grade but her ego too and she felt confident so why give that up?

"apparently theres a new girl starting here today, I dont know if she's here yet or not" Alice hissed to her so that Mrs Davenport wouldnt hear her. That would explain the truck this morning then.

"Who?" Lori asked, she was genuinley curious. Its not everyday a new person moved to Forks, let alone someone their age.

"Apprently shes Chief Swan's Daughter, her names Bella"

Lori could only nod her head for an answer, feeling drained from the class and it wasnt even first break yet.

Once the bell signalling the end of the period went off, Lori quickly packed her stuff into her bag and bid Alice a goodbye. She couldn't wait to see Jess and tell her all this stuff she had found out, however she quickly halted in surprise at her groups lunch table when she spotted Angela sitting and quietly chatting with a total stranger. She assumed this was the new girl Bella, after all everyone in Forks knew everyone, and Lori had never seen this girl before.

"Oh Lori! Good, you're here! This is Bella Swan she's new" Angela introduced the stranger. She had been right.

"I'm Lenora Sommers but you can call me Lori everyone does" she waved and smiled at Bella, whose tense shoulders relaxed upon spotting the warm smile beaming from Lori's face.

Bella mumbled back a reply, something that sounded a lot like nice to meet you.

Over the course of lunch Bella was bombarded by questions from Lori's group and she couldnt help but feel bad for the obviously overwhelmed girl until she heard Bella speak up.

"Who are they?"

Lori followed Bellas eyeline to where the Cullen siblings were entering the cafeteria. Emmett entered first, holding the door open allowing Rosalie to step through the door.

"The Cullens?" Angela questioned.

"They're um... Dr. and Mrs Cullens foster kids" Jess muttered, unconiously stabbing her fork into her food "they moved here from Alaska like a few years ago"

"They kind of keep to themselves" Anglea added.

"Yea except for you Lori, they're like in love with you or something" Jess scoffed. Lori put the lid back on her pasta salad aiming to save the rest of it for lunch, "They're not in love with me Jess" Lori rolled her eyes at her friend, she loved Jess but god could he be jealous.

"Anyway they mostly keep to themselves cause they're all together. Like together, together"

Lori could only smile apologetically as the Cullens walked past her table. Lori tried to ignore the rest of the conversation happening at her table instead taking the time to fidget with the gold locket sitting on her neck. Something she'd had from her La Push days that she dearly missed.

"who's he?" Bella asked. Lori turned towards the door to the cafeteria again, spying Edward Cullen, who was supposed to be in AP English with her this morning but he must have been late, she thought to herself.

"That's Edward Cullen" Jess raised her eyebrows while talking quickly, giving Bella a quick explanantion as to how he fit within the adopted family before telling her not to waste her time because he had never shown interest in anybody other than his family.

"Seriously like, dont waste your time" Jess said before turning and starting a conversation with Angela.

"yea, no" Bella muttered to herself.