thats sam uley?

"Great" Embry muttered eyeing the door, "speak of the devil"

Lori turned towards where Embry was looking spying three, very tall and very muscly guys entering through the doorway of Tish Sutherlands house. She was confused, she didn't recognise anyone from that trio so she turned to Embry.

"What? Who is it?" maybe her lack of time at the La Push reservation really was starting to effect her social network.

"Sam Uley and his blind followers" Embry scoffed.

"That's Sam Uley?" Lori gasped shocked. "No last time I saw him he looked nothing like that"

"I guess thats what happens when all you eat it steroids" Embry snickered.

"Don't be mean Em" Lori rolled her eyes. As if hearing their conversation Sam Uley's head snapped towards the two standing in the kitchen doorway, Embry ducked his head towards her neck and apologised saying he was going to go and find Quil. Lori only waved him off and said it was fine, smiling gently to him. She knew deep down somewhere Embry didn't really hate Sam Uley, maybe it was just because Jake was so uncomfortable around him that Embry decided he too would outcast him. Hive Mind. Lori concluded.

She panicked slightly when Sam turned to the two guys with him and began making his way over to where she stood. They're just getting a drink Lori its fine. She cursed in her head when Sam stopped directly infront of her.

"Lenora Sommers? Haven't seen you in a while" Sam began, a warm smile making its way onto his face, replacing the scowl that previously rested upon it. Sam had babysat her once upon a time, they knew a lot about one another and she felt incredibly guilty that she hadn't even recognised him.

"Hey! I didn't even recognise you. You look so..." Lori paused casting a quick glance to Sam's right where his two friends stood watching the interaction intently.

"Different?" Sam finished for her. She could only nod in response. "You've grown up" He huffed almost in disbelief.

"It has been a while yeah" she agreed. She was about to introduce herself to Sam's two freinds before a hand grasped her shoulder spinning her quickly, she came face to face with Jess who looked worried, tears glistening in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Lori asked before anyone could say anything. "What happened?"

"I told Mike about the party right? and he's here." Jess sobbed into her hands.

"Why is that a bad thing?" Lori asked sharing a worried glance with Sam who could only shrug his shoulders in response. He couldnt' handle hysterical girls and crying Lori knew that. Jess couldn't answer verbally and instead pointed to the direction of the 'dancefloor' where Mike was pressed up against the wall, locking lips with a random girl. Lori's heart broke for her friend, Jess had liked Mike for ages.

"I'm just gonna go home okay?" Jess sobbed further. Lori nodded her head "Do you want me to come with you?" Lori asked grabbed Jesses shoulders gently and moving her out of the way of people trying to enter the kitchen. Jess shook her head.

"I think I just wanna be alone and sleep" Jess hung her head. Lori quickly bought the girl into a tight hug, "Do you have a ride home? Do you need me to call someone for you?"

Jess smiled and squeezed Lori around the shoulders, "Dads on his way, I'm gonna go wait outside."

"Text me when you get home?" Lori asked and Jess gave her a thumbs up.

"Boy drama?" one of the boys beside Sam snickered. "Yeah, something like that" Lori sighed.

"Well that sucks, I'm Jared by the way Jared Cameron. I, um... work with Sam" he held his hand out to her, which she immediatley took, smiling up at him.

"Oh cool okay, I'm Lori. Sam used to babysit me when I was little"

"Little-r" Sam corrected, "Although I don't think you've grown since the last time I saw you"

Lori rolled her eyes at his comment "You're just super tall now, seriously how tall are you? Like 6'3? 6'4?" she asked.

"Something like that" Sam shoved her shoulder lightly with his.

Sam turned to Jared and began talking about 'work related things', which bored Lori so she faced Sam's other friend holding her hand up for him to shake.

"I'm Lori I don't think we've been introduced" she smiled.

"No we have" The stranger kept his head bowed nt making eye contact with her, "But we haven't seen each other in a little while"

Lori furrowed her brows at this, surely she would have recognised this boy if they had met before, she had a pretty good memory when it came to faces.

The stranger lifted his eyes to meet hers, when brown met hazel the two paused, both in shock. Lori because now that she'd seen his face she definitley recognised him and Paul because he had just imprinted on his childhood best friend that he had not seen in the past seven years.

Paul felt the wind be knocked from his stomach, he imprinted. he never thought he would imprint, ever since he had shifted two months ago he felt like his ancestors were punishing him, so was this just another cruel trick from them? He was bound to hurt her, it had taken him a month to get his anger under control just to be able to shift back and now he was supposed to just  be with her? with the possiblity of him seriously harming her? His heart rate spiked as his neck began to flush, hot with anger. Sam sent him a warning look, however his anger quickly disspated when he spotted the smile on Lori's face as well as the golden necklace clasped around her neck. A keep sake he'd gotten her before she had moved from La Push.

"Paul?" Lori asked shocked. "Wow, look at you" a wide smile was plastered on her face. Paul couldn't help but smile back widley, he'd alwasy found her smile contagious but he felt it now even more so - the imprint bond already pulling at him.

"It's good to see you Lor" she didn't hesitate to pull him into a tight hug. The smile plastered on her face refusing to leave.