bella knows

Lori had taken the news about her newfound powers in her stride, she and Esme had worked hard together to make sure she could summon some kind of light and so far their hardwork had paid off

Lori had taken the news about her newfound powers in her stride, she and Esme had worked hard together to make sure she could summon some kind of light and so far their hardwork had paid off. Which is why Lori was currently standing in a super market infront of a thousadn different flower arrangments, trying to decide which ones would work best as a thankyou to Esme.

She picked up a boquet of sun flowers, which she thought was nice and also quite humorous considering what was really happening.

"Hey Lori" she turned quickly the flowers still in hand to come face to face with Paul.

"Hi" she breathed out. She didnt know why she was so flustered around him all of a sudden, maybe Alice had been right, maybe she was interested in him atleast a little bit. 

"How are you?" she asked gently, tilting her head to the side slightly. Paul unconciously found himself tilting his head in the same direction aswell, he smiled slightly preparing to respond.

"Paul!"a little voice yelled. He smiled in apology to Lori before scooping a small girl no older than six up into his arms.

"Dakota this is Lori, the girl i was telling you about"

The little girls face lit up almost instantly upon hearing Lori's name.

"You're Lori?" she spoke excitedly "You're friends with Raine aren't you?"

"Raine Call?" Lori asked confused. Dakota nodded her head in response

"Yeah I know Raine, me and Embry take her down to the beach sometimes"

Dakota quickly wormed her way out of Pauls arms and grabbed Lori's hand quickly dragging the teenager around the small shop, Lori answered all of Dakota's questions about herself and Forks and Lori did her best not to overwhelm the little girl.

Paul watched on from behind them, following the two girls silently around the shop with a broard grin plastered on his face. Lori really was the kindest person he'd ever met and he couldn't help but feel at peace that his sister and imprint got along so well after only just meeting one another. Once half an hour of being dragged around had passed, Lori wrote her name and number neatly onto a scrap receipt in her bag and gave it to Dakota.

"Here incase you ever need to call me you can use that number" Lori had smiled down at the girl after handing her the receipt.

"Thankyou!" the young girl gasped clutching the recipt tightly in her hand.

"I'm really sorry but i have to go I'm supposed to be meeting someone in an hour" Lori turned to Paul, "It was really good to see you again, and you're um, more then welcome to use that number aswell if you need it" Lori's cheeks flushed pink before she quickly said goodbye to Paul and bent down to give Dakota a highfive.

Lori quickly pulled into the Cullen driveway where Emmett was playing around with different car parts, upon seeing her he lifted his arm into a wave with a lopsided grin on his face. As she got closer however his smile quickly slipped off his face before he inhaled deeply, scruching up his nose.

"What?" Lori asked worriedly.

"You smell like dog, and not in a good way"

Lori was confused, she didn't have a dog and neither did anyone she knew, so how could she have smelt like dog.

"Where's your wonderful mother, I need to give these to her" she held up the flowers so Emmett could see, he cooed mockingly at her, pinching her cheeks and telling her 'she was just the sweetest little thing to ever exist'. She shoved his hands away from her face before swatting him on the shoulder. Telling him to get lost.

"She should be in the kitchen Lor!" Emmett yelled after her.

"Knock Knock?" Lori said as she entered the kitchen, smiling

"Lori you're here, how are you dear?" Esme asked tucking a loose strand of hair behind the girls ear. Lori answered her and then asked if Esme needed any help doing whatever she was doing.

"Bella is coming today, Edward is bringing her so I'm making her some lunch" Esme was excited to have another person in the house, Lori could tell. 

"Wait. Bella knows?" Lori questioned, "About you guys?"

"Yes, she and Edward are friends I believe"

She and Esme bustled around the kitchen pulling out an assortment of plates and items to start making lunch.

"How is practice coming along?" Esme asked her gently, the Cullens were still unsure of how Lori actually felt about having the powers that she did. But she had taken everything in her stride and she was actually pretty proud of herself for learning so quickly even if she still had a lot to learn.

"Pretty good" Lori spoke eagerly "I think i'm ready to try healing pretty soon"

So far Lori had mastered the basis of her magic, she could summon and warp light well enough and Carlisle explained that her magic could also be used to heal. Which she was desperatley wanting to try, but probably wasn't a smart idea in a house full of vampires. So for the moment she was happy with just being able to summon light.

"Look at this, ready?" Lori held her hand out to Esme, where small tendrils of light were dancing around her palm, wrapping themselves around her slender fingers and swirling arund her wrist.

Esme smiled and placed a hand on the young girls shoulder, "That's very impressive. I can't wait to see what you can do when your power starts growing"

Lori and Esme were soon  joined by Emmett and Rose, the latter who adamantly complained about how dangerous it was for Bella to become involved in their lives. This lasted about five minutes before Rose halted and stilled silently.

Bella was here.