dope party tish

"Ok what about this one?" Jess asked holding up a short red dress

"Ok what about this one?" Jess asked holding up a short red dress. It was pretty, sure but Embry had told her it wasn't a dressing up kind of party.

"Probably not for this one Jess, I think the blue one is better. Or you could go mini skirt, cute top?" Lori suggested instead.
"Mini skirt and cute top it is" Jess finalized. Digging further into Lori's closet.

Lori sprung off the bed and pulled a pale yellow dress from a hangar and held it up to herself, standing in-front of the mirror. She had already decided she would wear white sneakers instead of her usual party wedges with the dress. Quickly unchanging and slipping the dress on, Lori then quickly ruffled through her draws to find a nice pair of socks to go with her sneakers. Once the socks were settled on she was ushered into her vanity chair by Jess who then began to brush her usually wavy hair. clipping it back away from her face.

Lori's favorite part of a night out was always getting ready with her friends, which is why as soon as Jess agreed to come to the party she begged Jess to come over so they would get ready together.

"Lenora hun! Embry is here for you girls!" her mother yelled up the stairs.
"We're coming!" Lori yelled back. quickly shoveling a lip gloss and liner into Jess's bag. The two girls quickly scrambled to the stairs racing and giggling on their way down where Embry and Quil were waiting for them.

Embry was another friend she was glad to have, they met during her time on the Rez and unlike someone she used to be friends with Embry had managed to keep in contact the past seven years. Additionally to Embry she had also become friends with Quil Ataera and Jacob Black two other boys who lived on the Rez, Embry had claimed the three of them were a package deal and the four had been fast freinds since that point. It was strange to Lori, how someone like her could have friends all over the area - but Quil had always said there was something sweet and alluring about her and it drew people in.

 She quickly greeted the two boys, before saying goodbye to her mother after promising she wouldnt get into too much trouble. The four clambered into Embrys truck after having a playful argument about who was sitting where, Lori wouldn't admit this to anyone but having Jess with her tonight felt weird, sure Jess and her other friends had met before but they had never really all hung out together be cause Mike kept telling the Forks group that the Quilettes were strange. 

The absence of Jacob Black was noted and when Lori asked about him Quill rolled his eyes and told the two girls that Jake had all but begged to go to Bella's house with his dad that evening. Embry's truck was alive with conversation and laughter. Jokes were being told back and forwards between the four, it was a nice feeling Lori decided.

"So Embry" Jess started with a smirk, "Are any of the guys coming to this party tonight attractive?"

"I'm pretty attractive" Quil cut in, effectivley halting all conversations in the truck. He quickly stutered after realising he had blurted out that statement. "I - I mean I think I'm pretty attractive. Yeah" 

"I can't believe I'm going to a party on a Monday" Jess breathed out, almost laughing, "Who even parties on a Monday?"

"We do?" Lori turned to Jess slightly.

Quil and Embry started up with the jokes about the 'pale faces' of Forks and not being able to go with the flow, especially on Mondays.

"It's only cause a girl from our school is leaving next week, its like a goodbye and happy birthday kind of thing" Quil explained quickly. "It's for Tish Sutherlands"

"You know Tish Sutherlands?" Jess and Lori looked to Quil shocked, speaking at the same time, "Tish Sutherlands that models at TCM Models and Talent on the weekends?"

"Um, well I know of her?" Quil stated. "We go to the same school?"

"Are you asking us that or telling us that?" Embry poked fun at his friend. "come on we're here now anyway, we gotta walk a little bit theres too many cars"

Quickly making their way into the party the group split off, Jess to go and dance, Embry went with Lori to find the kitchen where they suspected the drinks would be and Quil had raced off once he had seen Tish Sutherlands - muttering something about going to say Hi.

"So when are you coming down to La Push again?" Embry asked playfully, "Raine's been asking about you"

Raine Call was La Push's 'communal child' as Jake liked to joke sometimes, she was Embry's little sister who had a very strong attachment to Lori. The little five year old was a menace and only ever listened to Lori and the Call matriarch, which pissed Embry off to no end claiming that shes my sister, you think a little respect would be nice, that was not the case.

"Tell her I'll come down soon and we can go to the beach other something" Lori said as she poured herself a large solo cup of whatever punch was sitting in the bowl on the kitchen island. 

"Has she made any new friends?" Lori questioned.

Embry rolled his eyes "Yea, little girl called Dakota Lahote. They're literally never apart during the day"

Lahote. Lori was hit with a sense of deja vu, Lahote? as in Paul Lahote?

"Yea Lahote as in Paul Lahote" Embry replied back. "You said that out loud"

"Sorry" Lori apologised, "I didn't mean to weird you out, i know you two aren't exaclty buddies"

Embry quickly waved her off "I don't really have a problem with the guy, it's Jake that hates his guts, but um hey? Maybe its a good idea to avoid him for now. I know you guys have history or whatever but apparently hes a real dick these days"